Old December 28th 09, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Unable to pick up Oyster from NR in Jan 10

Any reason I am unable to pick up next years travelcard from Surbiton
NR ... groan ... integration done well then?

Old December 29th 09, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

If you are talking about some form of "auto pick up" for a season ticket
I don't know if TOC gates or Oyster validators can do that on NR
locations. I believe all Oyster validation equipment does have a link
back to the TfL central system but there may be some other aspect I am
not aware of.

Looking through the list of collection locations on the Oyster website,
it's currently showing the list of stations where Oyster PAYG is
presently accepted.

I can't be 100% sure, but I'd guess the new list (assuming there's an
update) will appear on the 2nd of January.

Cheers,

Barry
Old December 29th 09, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 29, 8:18*am, Barry Salter wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
If you are talking about some form of "auto pick up" for a season ticket
I don't know if TOC gates or Oyster validators can do that on NR
locations. I believe all Oyster validation equipment does have a link
back to the TfL central system but there may be some other aspect I am
not aware of.

Looking through the list of collection locations on the Oyster website,
it's currently showing the list of stations where Oyster PAYG is
presently accepted.

I can't be 100% sure, but I'd guess the new list (assuming there's an
update) will appear on the 2nd of January.

There is a longer list if you try and buy a travelcard for after the
2nd Jan. However, am amazed I cannot collect an on-line purchased
ticket as I enter the station (as it's not on the list).

Old January 1st 10, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
If you are talking about some form of "auto pick up" for a season ticket
I don't know if TOC gates orOystervalidators can do that on NR
locations. I believe allOystervalidation equipment does have a link
back to the TfL central system but there may be some other aspect I am
not aware of.

Looking through the list of collection locations on theOysterwebsite,
it's currently showing the list of stations whereOysterPAYG is
presently accepted.

I can't be 100% sure, but I'd guess the new list (assuming there's an
update) will appear on the 2nd of January.

There is a longer list if you try and buy a travelcard for after the
2nd Jan. However, am amazed I cannot collect an on-line purchased
ticket as I enter the station (as it's not on the list).

List now updated- Hide quoted text -

Probably to stop you from using it advance of the active date (you
don't say whether it's a renewal or new purchase)

Old January 2nd 10, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
news
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques...20briefing.pdf

There is also a list of stations with modified Oyster ticket machines
via that link too. What is not clear is whether OEPs can be added at
these same machines.

SWT still conspicuously absent from the list. I'd assume they are still in
dispute with DfT because they were required to fit ITSO readers to all their
TVMs.

Paul S

Old January 2nd 10, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Paul Scott
writes

SWT still conspicuously absent from the list. I'd assume they are still in
dispute with DfT because they were required to fit ITSO readers to all their
TVMs.

Yes, they are continuing to complain about ITSO incompatibility (which
I'm surprised is not sorted out by now). See Question 5 at

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/faq.aspx?page=1
--
Paul Terry
Old January 2nd 10, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Paul Scott
writes

SWT still conspicuously absent from the list. I'd assume they are still
in
dispute with DfT because they were required to fit ITSO readers to all
their
TVMs.

Yes, they are continuing to complain about ITSO incompatibility (which I'm
surprised is not sorted out by now).

Thanks for the pointer, that FAQ response seems fairly recent:

"Whilst Oyster PAYG will be accepted for travel across our services within
the London Zones, the top up facility will not be available at South West
Trains' stations, except Richmond and Wimbledon where we interface directly
with London Underground. This is as a result of the South West Trains
franchise being selected by the Government to become the first in the UK to
introduce ITSO smartcard technology which means our ticket machines are not
currently able to accept both ITSO and Oyster smartcards.
Any passengers wishing to top up their Oyster card can do so by visiting the
South West Trains website for an easy link through to the Oyster top up
facility on TfL's website, or can check information available within our
stations advising them of the nearest location to top up their Oyster card."

As we've discussed here before, it also isn't really SWT's problem to sort
out. Their franchise spec shows that it is the DfT who were to ensure that
TfL's systems would be made compatible with ITSO. Looks like DfT signed up
to something THEY couldn't provide.

Paul S

Old January 2nd 10, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
news

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques...tach/4/PAYG%20
on%20NR%202010%20staff%20briefing.pdf

There is also a list of stations with modified Oyster ticket machines
via that link too. What is not clear is whether OEPs can be added at
these same machines.

SWT still conspicuously absent from the list. I'd assume they are
still in dispute with DfT because they were required to fit ITSO
readers to all their TVMs.

Hmm. Why is the TfL Single Fare finder still showing the 2009 version,
with only a link to the next fares (2010)?

Looking there I see the off-peak Oyster fare Kings Cross St Pancras to
Putney is now £2.80, 50p more than Kings Cross St Pancras to East Putney.

So much for a zonal fares system! Putney and East Putney are both in zones
2 and 3.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 2nd 10, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Hmm. Why is the TfL Single Fare finder still showing the 2009 version,
with only a link to the next fares (2010)?

That'll be because the website editors have been off work for the bank
holiday and weekend - I expect it'll disappear next week.

But if you navigate to 'Tickets' via the TfL home page both fare finders are
equally visible.

Looking there I see the off-peak Oyster fare Kings Cross St Pancras to
Putney is now £2.80, 50p more than Kings Cross St Pancras to East Putney.

So much for a zonal fares system! Putney and East Putney are both in zones
2 and 3.

This seems to indicate that despite being a regular poster in
uk.transport.london you've not noticed all the previous discussions about
Oyster on NR.

The differences between tube, rail, and tube+rail fares are pointed out in
that document 'Mr Thant' linked to for you on the 31st at 1945.

Paul S