Old January 6th 10, 12:03 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default Snow disruption Cambridge/London

My daughter and I have tickets for a theatre show in London this evening
(Wednesday) and want to travel up 'n back by train.

At the moment, the theatre's website is saying "the show will go on, but
watch this website for updates"

Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable chance
of making the journey ok by rail?

My plan B: is to go all the way by car if the M11 is clear.

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Old January 6th 10, 12:09 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
My daughter and I have tickets for a theatre show in London this evening
(Wednesday) and want to travel up 'n back by train.

At the moment, the theatre's website is saying "the show will go on, but
watch this website for updates"

Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable
chance of making the journey ok by rail?

Virtually no snow on the ground in Central London at the moment

Paul

Old January 6th 10, 12:19 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On 6 Jan, 13:03, "Brian Watson" wrote:
My daughter and I have tickets for a theatre show in London this evening
(Wednesday) and want to travel up 'n back by train.

At the moment, the theatre's website is saying "the show will go on, but
watch this website for updates"

Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable chance
of making the journey ok by rail?

I think you have a reasonable chance by rail. FCC are running an
emergency timetable (see http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...=MajorIncident)
so there'll be fewer and slower trains than usual, and might thus be a
bit full, but my train (from St Neots) this morning ran fine apart
from that.

Ganesh
Old January 6th 10, 12:31 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
On 6 Jan, 13:03, "Brian Watson" wrote:
My daughter and I have tickets for a theatre show in London this
evening (Wednesday) and want to travel up 'n back by train.

At the moment, the theatre's website is saying "the show will go on,
but watch this website for updates"

Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable
chance of making the journey ok by rail?

I think you have a reasonable chance by rail. FCC are running an
emergency timetable (see
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...=MajorIncident)
so there'll be fewer and slower trains than usual, and might thus be
bit full, but my train (from St Neots) this morning ran fine apart
from that.

Thank you!

I've had a recent look at the live feed from Cambridge and it now seems 11
minutes delay is about as bad as it gets at the moment and for the
foreseeable.

We're going...

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Old January 6th 10, 01:07 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On 6 Jan, 13:03, "Brian Watson" wrote:
My daughter and I have tickets for a theatre show in London this evening
(Wednesday) and want to travel up 'n back by train.

At the moment, the theatre's website is saying "the show will go on, but
watch this website for updates"

Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable chance
of making the journey ok by rail?

There's been a fall of snow over Cambridge, a couple of cm, but it's
stopped now and the sky is clear. If that's all we get today here, you
should be fine in this area.

Sam
Old January 6th 10, 02:21 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On 6 Jan, 13:32, "Brian Watson" wrote:
Paulg0 wrote:
"Brian Watson" wrote in message

Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable
chance of making the journey ok by rail?

Virtually no snow on the ground in Central London at the moment

Thank you!

There's now quite heavy snow falling over Canary Wharf which is
starting to settle.

Ganesh
Old January 6th 10, 02:46 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Paulg0 wrote:
"Brian Watson" wrote in message
Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable
chance of making the journey ok by rail?

Virtually no snow on the ground in Central London at the moment

Thank you!

There's now quite heavy snow falling over Canary Wharf which is
starting to settle.

Ganesh

Regardless of what the snow is doing, some services seem to be winding
up early.

Announcements at Charing Cross indicated last trains to everywhere
from about 2030 onwards. I reckon there will be nothing much after
2100.
Old January 6th 10, 03:41 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Paulg0 wrote:
"Brian Watson" wrote in message
Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a

reasonable
chance of making the journey ok by rail?

Virtually no snow on the ground in Central London at the moment

Thank you!

There's now quite heavy snow falling over Canary Wharf which is
starting to settle.

Ganesh

Regardless of what the snow is doing, some services seem to be winding
up early.

Announcements at Charing Cross indicated last trains to everywhere
from about 2030 onwards. I reckon there will be nothing much after
2100.

& despite what the Wap site says there's only emergency timetable trains
so it'll take 1/2 an hour longer to get there than normal. Last train back
is apparently the normal slow coach

--
Duncan Wood
Old January 6th 10, 05:40 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Sam Holloway wrote:
On 6 Jan, 13:03, "Brian Watson" wrote:
My daughter and I have tickets for a theatre show in London this evening
(Wednesday) and want to travel up 'n back by train.

At the moment, the theatre's website is saying "the show will go on, but
watch this website for updates"

Is London enduring a snowy apocalypse or are we in with a reasonable chance
of making the journey ok by rail?

There's been a fall of snow over Cambridge, a couple of cm, but it's
stopped now and the sky is clear. If that's all we get today here, you
should be fine in this area.

Sam

Disappointing, but there's quite a lot more for us due tomorrow and over
the w/e - a shallow low's forming in the north sea in addition to
convective showers blowing inland etc. And it's going to get extremely
cold with a bitter wind chill from an ENE wind as well.

I looked up my old postcode in West Sussex - believe it or not, they've
had a 24 hr accumulation of 38 cms! Wow!

Where get up to the hour snow fall reports? manser London Transport 12 December 18th 09 06:33 PM
All TfL buses suspended due to snow Matthew Dickinson London Transport 77 February 4th 09 08:06 PM
A Little Bit of Snow and No Service Matthew P Jones London Transport 1 January 28th 04 07:04 PM
Snow and Ice Anon London Transport 0 January 28th 04 01:59 PM
Snow-machines proposed to cool Tube Fustanella London Transport 1 August 20th 03 07:01 PM