Old January 10th 10, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 1983 Stock at Uxbridge

I just happened to be looking at Uxbridge on Google Maps and, as you
do, zoomed in to see what had been parked in the sidings.

I thought there were three Metropolitans and a Piccadilly (from
length) till I looked closer and realised that what I thought was
Piccadilly was, in fact, a train of 1983 stock.

I don't know when the photo was taken, but I wonder if it's the one
that Wikipedia says was at South Harrow? Any reason why it would be
moving about?

Old January 11th 10, 02:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, MIG
writes
I just happened to be looking at Uxbridge on Google Maps and, as you
do, zoomed in to see what had been parked in the sidings.

I thought there were three Metropolitans and a Piccadilly (from
length) till I looked closer and realised that what I thought was
Piccadilly was, in fact, a train of 1983 stock.

I don't know when the photo was taken, but I wonder if it's the one
that Wikipedia says was at South Harrow? Any reason why it would be
moving about?

It's not moving anywhere.

The 83 stock at UXB was moved out ages (years?) ago; you're looking at
an old piccy.

The SHR stock is, I gather, due to be moved 'soon' as they need the
siding space. Paul C might have some more information as he's our
resident 83 stock get-rid-of er
Old January 11th 10, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 11 Jan, 02:56, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message
, MIG
writes

I just happened to be looking at Uxbridge on Google Maps and, as you
do, zoomed in to see what had been parked in the sidings.

I thought there were three Metropolitans and a Piccadilly (from
length) till I looked closer and realised that what I thought was
Piccadilly was, in fact, a train of 1983 stock.

I don't know when the photo was taken, but I wonder if it's the one
that Wikipedia says was at South Harrow? *Any reason why it would be
moving about?

It's not moving anywhere.

The 83 stock at UXB was moved out ages (years?) ago; you're looking at
an old piccy.

It's the one on Google Maps now, but I don't know what their update
cycle is.

The SHR stock is, I gather, due to be moved 'soon' as they need the
siding space. *Paul C might have some more information as he's our
resident 83 stock get-rid-of er

So it's not the one moved from Uxbridge then (reversing the question)?

Actually, a few years back, the South Harrow sidings didn't seem to be
in use. The last Rolling Stock book I remember seeing seemed to have
no allocation there. Are they in full use again now?
Old January 11th 10, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, MIG
writes

It's not moving anywhere.

The 83 stock at UXB was moved out ages (years?) ago; you're looking at
an old piccy.

It's the one on Google Maps now, but I don't know what their update
cycle is.

I don't know but I've heard not too often.

The SHR stock is, I gather, due to be moved 'soon' as they need the
siding space. *Paul C might have some more information as he's our
resident 83 stock get-rid-of er

So it's not the one moved from Uxbridge then (reversing the question)?

No, they were removed. One of the cars (maybe two) ended up at
Bishopsgate/Shoreditch on the bridge that you can see, the others were
scrapped.

Actually, a few years back, the South Harrow sidings didn't seem to be
in use. The last Rolling Stock book I remember seeing seemed to have
no allocation there. Are they in full use again now?

4 trains stabled overnight now with a possibility of a 5th one (hence
the need for the siding road as there are 6 roads there with 1 1/2
trains of 83 stock in the way).

I've put trains away there in the past when there's been a need to get
one out of the way. In fact, when we went from 3 trains to 4 trains
stabled overnight in the last but one timetable I put the 4th train away
there on the night before the new timetable started.
Old January 11th 10, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 11 Jan, 11:29, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message
, MIG
writes

It's not moving anywhere.

The 83 stock at UXB was moved out ages (years?) ago; you're looking at
an old piccy.

It's the one on Google Maps now, but I don't know what their update
cycle is.

I don't know but I've heard not too often.

The SHR stock is, I gather, due to be moved 'soon' as they need the
siding space. *Paul C might have some more information as he's our
resident 83 stock get-rid-of er

So it's not the one moved from Uxbridge then (reversing the question)?

No, they were removed. *One of the cars (maybe two) ended up at
Bishopsgate/Shoreditch on the bridge that you can see, the others were
scrapped.

Ah right; it must be an old picture then. They've been up there for
years. There's actually four on that roof/ex-viaduct. Two of them
can be seen easily from the front, because they are higher up, and all
four can be seen from round the back.

Thanks for information.

Old January 11th 10, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 10, 3:47*pm, MIG wrote:
I just happened to be looking at Uxbridge on Google Maps and, as you
do, zoomed in to see what had been parked in the sidings.

I thought there were three Metropolitans and a Piccadilly (from
length) till I looked closer and realised that what I thought was
Piccadilly was, in fact, a train of 1983 stock.

I don't know when the photo was taken, but I wonder if it's the one
that Wikipedia says was at South Harrow? *Any reason why it would be
moving about?

Newer version of Google Earth tell you the date of the imagery in the
bottom left hand corner. You can also see older images - in the View
menu, choose Historical Imagery.
Old January 11th 10, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 11 Jan, 13:11, martin wrote:
On Jan 10, 3:47*pm, MIG wrote:

I just happened to be looking at Uxbridge on Google Maps and, as you
do, zoomed in to see what had been parked in the sidings.

I thought there were three Metropolitans and a Piccadilly (from
length) till I looked closer and realised that what I thought was
Piccadilly was, in fact, a train of 1983 stock.

I don't know when the photo was taken, but I wonder if it's the one
that Wikipedia says was at South Harrow? *Any reason why it would be
moving about?

Newer version of Google Earth tell you the date of the imagery in the
bottom left hand corner. You can also see older images - in the View
menu, choose Historical Imagery.

I really must get round to installing that. I was on Windows 98 when
it first came out, so I couldn't.