London Banter

-   -   Freedom Passes - delays (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10542-freedom-passes-delays.html)

CJB March 6th 10 06:00 PM

Freedom Passes - delays

It seems that there is a delay in issuing replacement Freedom Pases In
London. Meanwhile the TfL and NR Oyster validators / gatelines are
warning that Freedom Passes are about to expire. After March 31 it
seems that there are going to be a lot of pensioners without any
concessions after March 31. It is rumoured that there are also
technical issues with the new chips which will delay the replacements
even longer. CJB.

Jeremy Parker March 6th 10 06:29 PM

Freedom Passes - delays

"CJB" wrote in message
It seems that there is a delay in issuing replacement Freedom Pases
In
London.

[snip]

I got mine.about a fortnight ago, I think

Jeremy Parker

Paul Terry[_2_] March 6th 10 06:49 PM

Freedom Passes - delays

In message
, CJB
writes

It seems that there is a delay in issuing replacement Freedom Pases In
London. Meanwhile the TfL and NR Oyster validators / gatelines are
warning that Freedom Passes are about to expire. After March 31 it
seems that there are going to be a lot of pensioners without any
concessions after March 31. It is rumoured that there are also
technical issues with the new chips which will delay the replacements
even longer. CJB.

Mine took a week longer than expected to arrive, but it seems to
function OK.
--
Paul Terry

Richard J.[_3_] March 7th 10 12:26 PM

Freedom Passes - delays

Paul Terry wrote on 06 March 2010 18:49:36 ...
In message
, CJB
writes

It seems that there is a delay in issuing replacement Freedom Pases In
London. Meanwhile the TfL and NR Oyster validators / gatelines are
warning that Freedom Passes are about to expire. After March 31 it
seems that there are going to be a lot of pensioners without any
concessions after March 31. It is rumoured that there are also
technical issues with the new chips which will delay the replacements
even longer. CJB.

Mine took a week longer than expected to arrive, but it seems to
function OK.

Mine took just over a month to arrive (20 Jan to 23 Feb), but it works OK.
--
Richard J.

NM March 7th 10 05:14 PM

Freedom Passes - delays

On 6 Mar, 18:00, CJB wrote:
It seems that there is a delay in issuing replacement Freedom Pases In
London. Meanwhile the TfL and NR Oyster validators / gatelines are
warning that Freedom Passes are about to expire. After March 31 it
seems that there are going to be a lot of pensioners without any
concessions after March 31. It is rumoured that there are also
technical issues with the new chips which will delay the replacements
even longer. CJB.

I have a freedom pass it's in two parts, one part is a motorcycle and
the other part is a car, both guarantee freedom from PT.

Mizter T March 7th 10 07:03 PM

Freedom Passes - delays

On Mar 7, 5:14*pm, NM wrote:

On 6 Mar, 18:00, CJB wrote:

It seems that there is a delay in issuing replacement Freedom Pases In
London. Meanwhile the TfL and NR Oyster validators / gatelines are
warning that Freedom Passes are about to expire. After March 31 it
seems that there are going to be a lot of pensioners without any
concessions after March 31. It is rumoured that there are also
technical issues with the new chips which will delay the replacements
even longer. CJB.

I have a freedom pass it's in two parts, one part is a motorcycle and
the other part is a car, both guarantee freedom from PT.

The above is a good example of the type of comment that comes when a
thread is crossposted to uk.transport.

Ian F. March 8th 10 09:34 AM

Freedom Passes - delays

"Mizter T" wrote in message

The above is a good example of the type of comment that comes when a
thread is crossposted to uk.transport.

In that case we should do it more often! Most entertaining comment, I
thought.

Ian

Chris Tolley[_2_] March 8th 10 10:25 AM

Freedom Passes - delays

NM wrote:

I have a freedom pass it's in two parts, one part is a motorcycle and
the other part is a car, both guarantee freedom from PT.

Except of course that

a) neither of your motor vehicles is free to use - not even *your*
entertaining idea of accounting produces that result!

and b) PT exists whether you use it or not, so there's no actual sense
in claiming that you are free of it.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9633117.html
(60 045 at Wimbledon Depot, 6 May 1991)

Peter Masson[_2_] March 8th 10 01:14 PM

Freedom Passes - delays

"Chris Tolley" (ukonline really) wrote in message
NM wrote:

I have a freedom pass it's in two parts, one part is a motorcycle and
the other part is a car, both guarantee freedom from PT.

Except of course that

a) neither of your motor vehicles is free to use - not even *your*
entertaining idea of accounting produces that result!

and b) PT exists whether you use it or not, so there's no actual sense
in claiming that you are free of it.

an the (London) Freedom Pass and the national concessionary travel scheme
divert many seniors from driving, leaving more space for NM and his ilk to
enjoy the 'freedom of the road'.

Peter

CJB March 9th 10 07:27 PM

Freedom Passes - delays

On Mar 6, 6:29*pm, "Jeremy Parker"
wrote:
"CJB" wrote in message

It seems that there is a delay in issuing replacement Freedom Pases
In
London.

[snip]

I got mine.about a fortnight ago, I think

Jeremy Parker

My application was indeed made through the local Post Office in mid-
January. And apparently the new Freedom pass was processed and issued
within the 10 day target - at the end of January - that is over 6
WEEKS AGO. However apparently it was then sent to the wrong flat
address - unbeknown to me - and then was never returned to the
sender.
That is an attempt to deliver it was made and someone unauthorised
signed for it; OR the sorting office never attempted a delivery
anyway. However an amount of mail sent to our flats has been
'lost' (suspected stolen) by the staff at our local sorting office
over the last year or so (and this is subject to a separate joint
complaint to senior management - assuming that they care). We suspect
that my original Pass has also been stolen since no delivery was
attempted at the flat to which it was addressed (the occupants
claimed
neve to have seen it - and I believe them since I've known them for a
long time), and it was never returned to the sender. The lost /
stolen
Pass has now been invalidated. Now a new one has been re-issued and
arrangements are being made for me to collect it in person. Seems to
me that the postal staff are out of control and can do what they like
- especially now that they have won their pay rise. CJB.