Old March 12th 10, 12:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Missed passengers at Watford?

On the radio early this morning, DJ Janice Long said that she was on a
train last Sunday and after leaving Watford the train stopped about
one mile along the track, then the conductor/guard made an
announcement that they had forgotten some passengers and that they had
to go back. She then says that the train went back to Watford to pick
up a load of passengers then carried on its journey. Does anyone know
anything about this, did the train reverse along the track it had just
travelled over or could it have gone over a set of points to get onto
another platform?

Just curious about the details.

Old March 12th 10, 08:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

burkey wrote:
On the radio early this morning, DJ Janice Long said that she was on a
train last Sunday and after leaving Watford the train stopped about
one mile along the track, then the conductor/guard made an
announcement that they had forgotten some passengers and that they had
to go back. She then says that the train went back to Watford to pick
up a load of passengers then carried on its journey. Does anyone know
anything about this, did the train reverse along the track it had just
travelled over or could it have gone over a set of points to get onto
another platform?

Just curious about the details.

I changed trains at Watford on Sunday night and we had problems with the
departure indicator on platform 7 which was not showing the correct
departures.

Some passengers on our train (2118 to Clapham Junction) blocked doors
open to prevent departure until someone attended to confirm what train
we were actually boarding. Our train was actually shown as the second
departure.

I'm not at all surprised to hear that someone actually missed a train.

Roger
Old March 12th 10, 08:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mar 12, 10:53*am, none ""roger\"@(none)" wrote:

Some passengers on our train (2118 to Clapham Junction) blocked doors
open to prevent departure until someone attended to confirm what train
we were actually boarding. *Our train was actually shown as the second
departure.

Might the driver not be able to confirm that? Or had things got so
bad he didn't know either?

Neil
Old March 12th 10, 05:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mar 12, 9:59*am, Neil Williams wrote:

On Mar 12, 10:53*am, none ""roger\"@(none)" wrote:

Some passengers on our train (2118 to Clapham Junction) blocked doors
open to prevent departure until someone attended to confirm what train
we were actually boarding. *Our train was actually shown as the second
departure.

Might the driver not be able to confirm that? *Or had things got so
bad he didn't know either?

If he was a Southern driver of a Southern train he might be a bit
surprised to find himself being asked to go to Euston!
Old March 12th 10, 08:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"none" ""roger\"@(none)" wrote in message
. uk...
burkey wrote:
[...]

I have noticed this before at Watford with trains arriving of sequence. How
on earth it can be first train Euston, second train clapham then the first
train to arrive is the Clapham one escapes me.

Kevin

Old March 12th 10, 08:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

burkey wrote:
[...]

You'd love London Bridge, with their random cycling of next trains,
trains with no displays and new tendency to leave the destination of
the previous train on the platform indicator long after it's gone.
Old March 15th 10, 09:51 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mar 12, 7:38*pm, Mizter T wrote:

If he was a Southern driver of a Southern train he might be a bit
surprised to find himself being asked to go to Euston!

When it was Desiros they were DBS drivers, weren't they?

Neil
Old March 15th 10, 10:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mar 15, 10:51*am, Neil Williams wrote:

On Mar 12, 7:38*pm, Mizter T wrote:

If he was a Southern driver of a Southern train he might be a bit
surprised to find himself being asked to go to Euston!

When it was Desiros they were DBS drivers, weren't they?

Yes, I believe so. Still, big mistake if they managed to take their
Southern train service into Euston rather than down the WLL!

(When did the LM Desiros stop doing the Southern WLL turns?)
Old March 15th 10, 10:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On Mar 15, 10:51 am, Neil Williams wrote:

On Mar 12, 7:38 pm, Mizter T wrote:

If he was a Southern driver of a Southern train he might be a bit
surprised to find himself being asked to go to Euston!

When it was Desiros they were DBS drivers, weren't they?

Yes, I believe so. Still, big mistake if they managed to take their
Southern train service into Euston rather than down the WLL!

(When did the LM Desiros stop doing the Southern WLL turns?)

Late November I think, and certainly by the December timetable change. It
allowed LM to reduce to only the seven 321s soon afterwards.

Paul S