Old May 1st 10, 08:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default ELL Late Preview

On 30 Apr, 23:17, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Chris Lonsbrough" wrote in message

... Finally got to ride the new ELL today ... *niiiice !

Made my first trip on the line today (though I have used the ELL in the
past, on A-stock, on the tube stock which was used for a time before the
A-stock came, and even on whatever was used before that

In my memory (and I think it was 1920 F stock before) is

1938 tube stock (dedicated pool)

A stock (shared pool with Metropolitan)

D stock (shared pool with district, but only the double-ended units)

A stock (dedicated pool, on which they tried out the various colour
schemes when unpainted aluminium went out of fashion)

line closure, conversion of A stock to DOO around that time

A stock (shared pool with Metropolitan, but only the double ended
units)

However, that is purely from memory and observation, so I'd be
interested to be corrected if anyone's got official records.

I also remember the change from 1938 stock to A stock being advertised
as "modern trains".

Old May 1st 10, 07:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 1 May, 10:42, wrote:
In article
,

(MIG) wrote:
[...]

You've forgotten the "Q" stock which came after the "F" stock went in
1962/3 and was used until 1971.

My web site has some pictures.www.rosenstiel.co.uk/trains.

Thanks for plugging my gap; I did wonder if Q stock had made it, but
Google has broken the link unforch.
Old May 2nd 10, 02:30 AM
Junior Member

Nice to see about this here.I have never seen about the London before this.Thank you for this information.