London Banter

-   -   May Modern Raiways, Map of London's Railways (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10797-may-modern-raiways-map-londons.html)

MIG May 12th 10 08:46 PM

May Modern Raiways, Map of London's Railways

On 12 May, 20:41, Basil Jet wrote:
On 12/05/2010 20:33, D7666 wrote:

On May 12, 8:20 pm, *wrote:

No and no.

I didn't think so, but a yes to the latter would be the only way there
could have been a yes to the former (as I probably don't need to spell
out).

:o)

Right into my neatly sprung trap.

I thought of a non-Goblin LT/LRT/LUL/LU/etc diesel public timetabled
passenger diesel operation before I answered :o)

I admit this time to be posting exceptions to prove rules in full
pedant mode .............

IIRC there have been diesel trains run as part of Steam On The Met.

And there's generally a 20 at the other end of that awful coloured TC
unit from Sarah Siddons, but does that count as timetabled?

D7666 May 12th 10 09:21 PM

On May 12, 8:46*pm, MIG wrote:

No and no.

I didn't think so, but a yes to the latter would be the only way there
could have been a yes to the former (as I probably don't need to spell
out).

I admit this time to be posting exceptions to prove rules in full
pedant mode .............

IIRC there have been diesel trains run as part of Steam On The Met.

And there's generally a 20 at the other end of that awful coloured TC
unit from Sarah Siddons, but does that count as timetabled?

Nope, not that.

Public timetabled diesel train.

--
Nick

D7666 May 12th 10 09:23 PM

On May 12, 9:21*pm, D7666 wrote:

Public timetabled diesel train.

As i clicked send I realised thats too open to mis-interpretation.

I mean a normal scheduled train, not a heritage event or open day
working or crankex.

A bog standard normal service.

--
Nick

MIG May 12th 10 09:35 PM

On 12 May, 21:23, D7666 wrote:
On May 12, 9:21*pm, D7666 wrote:

Public timetabled diesel train.

As i clicked send I realised thats too open to mis-interpretation.

I mean a normal scheduled train, not a heritage event or open day
working or crankex.

A bog standard normal service.

And since London Transport and its successors have existed?

I am struggling, but still whirring of the brian.

Andy Elms May 12th 10 09:41 PM

On 12 May, 21:35, MIG wrote:
On 12 May, 21:23, D7666 wrote:
On May 12, 9:21*pm, D7666 wrote:
I mean a normal scheduled train, not a heritage event or open day
working or crankex.

A bog standard normal service.

And since London Transport and its successors have existed?

On Steam on the Met 1993 (IIRC) the green 121 Bubblecar was used as
Chesham Branch Shuttle. But that doesn't count.

Otherwise, there was this:
http://tinyurl.com/3x5gcjp

Or are we talking DEL 120?

Andy

D7666 May 12th 10 09:46 PM

On May 12, 9:35*pm, MIG wrote:

A bog standard normal service.

And since London Transport and its successors have existed?

Yes.

I am struggling, but still whirring of the brian.

I can hear a strange whirring on the wind.

I am at the extremes of exceptions to prove rules here but what I
refer to was definitely not a heritage/crankex working, but a normal
timetabled train, but booked to be diesel operated.

Hint: technically it could be done today the vehicles of the right
types are still about :o)

--
Nick

D7666 May 12th 10 09:47 PM

On May 12, 9:41*pm, Andy Elms wrote:

A bog standard normal service.

And since London Transport and its successors have existed?

Yes.

On Steam on the Met 1993 (IIRC) the green 121 Bubblecar was used as
Chesham Branch Shuttle. But that doesn't count.

Indeed. Not that.

Otherwise, there was this:http://tinyurl.com/3x5gcjp

Or are we talking DEL 120?

Not that.

Normal timetabled passenger train.

--
Nick

D7666 May 12th 10 10:00 PM

May Modern Raiways, Map of London's Railways

On May 12, 9:58*pm, wrote:

Was that DMU service for *that ran out along the Central out Epping
way many years ago run on behalf of LT?

Good point.

Not the one I am thinking of though.

--
Nick

MIG May 12th 10 10:53 PM

On 12 May, 22:00, D7666 wrote:
On May 12, 9:58*pm, wrote:

Was that DMU service for *that ran out along the Central out Epping
way many years ago run on behalf of LT?

Good point.

Not the one I am thinking of though.

Well, the only place I can think where diesel trains currently run in
passenger service on LT lines is Harrow to Amersham. Have there been
occasions where additional services have been run by/on behalf of LT/
TfL, eg during works?

Bruce[_2_] May 12th 10 11:14 PM

May Modern Raiways, Map of London's Railways

On Wed, 12 May 2010 14:00:08 -0700 (PDT), D7666
wrote:

On May 12, 9:58*pm, wrote:

Was that DMU service for *that ran out along the Central out Epping
way many years ago run on behalf of LT?

Good point.

Not the one I am thinking of though.

Was it the Kensington Olympia - Clapham Junction shuttle?