Old May 12th 10, 11:36 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default ****ed Off With Paddington?

On May 12, 3:07*pm, Stephen Furley wrote:
On 12 May, 22:56, SB wrote:

Network Rail have posted an appeal for suggestions for improving
Paddington Station. Anyone wishing to make a submission please email

Remove the Diesel fumes from it? *Maybe it's not as bad now as it used
to be when the older Diesel engines were in use; I haven't been there
for a while.

Pick it up and relocate it somewhere which wasn't chosen simply to be
next to a very large canal basin, but not very convenient for most
rail passengers today?

Are the queues for tickets still as long as they used to be?

For some years I have believed Paddington has far too much concourse,
sorry lawn (this is the GW) and too little covered platform.

And, please lose the carbuncle above the suburban side. And, while we
are at it how about a single reversible lead, north of the HC from
subway junction, into platform seventeen and moving TFL back to
platforms 15 and 16.

Old May 13th 10, 07:19 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 12 May 2010 16:36:48 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be E27002
wrote this:-

And, while we
are at it how about a single reversible lead, north of the HC from
subway junction, into platform seventeen and moving TFL back to
platforms 15 and 16.

That sounds far too sensible for them. Make changing trains easy, no
way.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old May 13th 10, 06:32 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote this:-

And, while we
are at it how about a single reversible lead, north of the HC from
subway junction, into platform seventeen and moving TFL back to
platforms 15 and 16.

That sounds far too sensible for them. Make changing trains easy, no
way.

You are right I am sure. However, timetabled correctly this would
have the potential to ease congestion on the footbridge.