Old May 20th 10, 11:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Tube map May 2010 version

On 20/05/2010 20:17, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 18:17:19 +0100, Ivor The Engine
wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2010 17:43:12 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Mods applied for Sunday's ELL opening

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.pdf

I still don't get the 'interchange' link between Dalston Junction and
Dalston Kingsland. Is there a practical link or do you have to exit
on to Dalston Lane or Kingsland Road respectively then cross two busy
roads to get to the other station?

As Mizter T has indicated you have to cross the roads. However I did
that in order to catch a bus towards Tottenham having exited Dalston
Junction and it's not too horrendous. Not nice in the pouring rain but I
expect there will be a decent flow of people making the change once the
NLL reopens in a couple of weeks or so.

Clearly the real step up happens when the "round the corner" link is
complete to Highbury - personally I can't wait. You can see that the
map is "ready" to cope with that extension and also the DLR extension to
Stratford International in the summer. It won't take a lot of effort to
slot these new links into the tube map as shown via the link above.

When is the ELL connection to Highbury & Islington due to open? Or wehn
will testing start?

Old May 20th 10, 11:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 21 May, 00:48, Basil Jet wrote:
On 21/05/2010 00:36, Dr. Sunil wrote:

On 20 May, 17:43, "Paul *wrote:
Mods applied for Sunday's ELL opening

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.pdf

Pssst,,,,where's Tramlink....?

That's a *very* good point! There's not much difference between it and
the DLR. Whereas it might have looked odd hanging disembodied off
Wimbledon in the past, it would look okay now that it links to Croydon too.

Especially as it's also down under "London Rail", IIRC?
Old May 21st 10, 12:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ()
wrote:

When is the ELL connection to Highbury & Islington due to open? Or
wehn will testing start?

The through Southbound platform at Dalston Junction looked pretty firmly
buffer stopped to me when I visited this week.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old May 21st 10, 07:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On May 21, 12:49*am, "
wrote:
When is the ELL connection to Highbury & Islington due to open? Or wehn
will testing start?

No firm dates yet but Jan or Feb 2011 are the dates I've seen
suggested in various TfL reports. Oddly the updated London Overground
pages on the TfL website say "by May 2011" which is quite a difference
in timing but aligns with the national timetable date change. However
given the extension has its own dedicated tracks I would guess that it
should be possible to just extend certain workings northwards to
Highbury while retaining the paths onto the Southern region. I may
also be being hopelessly optimistic in that assessment.

I have not seen any dates about when testing could commence.

--
Paul C
via Google

Old May 21st 10, 11:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 21 May 2010 00:38:16 -0700 (PDT), Paul Corfield
wrote:

No firm dates yet but Jan or Feb 2011 are the dates I've seen
suggested in various TfL reports. Oddly the updated London Overground
pages on the TfL website say "by May 2011" which is quite a difference
in timing but aligns with the national timetable date change.

Weren't they been publicising the current opening as May 2010, then
opened the preview service to the public on a limited timetable.
Following the same procedure to H&L would be logical - run a limited
service of through trains (e.g. finishing at 2000) then open fully
under the May timetable.

Old May 21st 10, 03:29 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

I think the extension to Highbury will be very useful. It is a pity,
IMHO, that it cannot continue to Camden Road, or even Primrose Hill.

Old May 21st 10, 04:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

wrote:

Mods applied for Sunday's ELL opening

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.pdf

Paul S

My God, they have trains in Sarf London now ?!?

Old May 24th 10, 08:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Mods applied for Sunday's ELL opening

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.pdf

I still don't get the 'interchange' link between Dalston Junction and
Dalston Kingsland. Is there a practical link or do you have to exit
on to Dalston Lane or Kingsland Road respectively then cross two busy
roads to get to the other station?

Without knowing the stations involved, I interpreted it as meaning
that Dalston Junction was (wheelchair) accessible and Dalston
Kingsland was not.
Old May 24th 10, 10:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 24 May 2010 21:16:56 +0100, Scott
wrote:

Without knowing the stations involved, I interpreted it as meaning
that Dalston Junction was (wheelchair) accessible and Dalston
Kingsland was not.

No, there are two different symbols. The wheelchair symbol indicates
that Dalston Junction has step-free access; The linked discs indicate
an interchange with another line - look at Shadwell or Kings Cross for
examples where interchange is at the same station, there are lots
more.
Old May 24th 10, 11:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Without knowing the stations involved, I interpreted it as meaning
that Dalston Junction was (wheelchair) accessible and Dalston
Kingsland was not.

No, there are two different symbols. The wheelchair symbol indicates
that Dalston Junction has step-free access; The linked discs indicate
an interchange with another line - look at Shadwell or Kings Cross for
examples where interchange is at the same station, there are lots
more.

But does the lack of wheelchair symbol on the other line not indicate
that only the ELL station has wheelchair access?