Old May 24th 10, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Updated TfL Real Time Web Page

Hooray, hooray - Overground and DLR have been added to the Tube Real
Time map. If there is a delay or a closure then the line is
highlighted.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...e/default.html

Also works for weekend engineering works.

--
Paul C
via Google

Old May 24th 10, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

On 24 May, 12:33, Paul Corfield wrote:
Hooray, hooray - Overground and DLR have been added to the Tube Real
Time map. If there is a delay or a closure then the line is
highlighted.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...e/default.html

Also works for weekend engineering works.

--
Paul C
via Google

Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?
Old May 24th 10, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"MIG" wrote in message

On 24 May, 12:33, Paul Corfield wrote:
Hooray, hooray - Overground and DLR have been added to the Tube Real
Time map. If there is a delay or a closure then the line is
highlighted.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...e/default.html

Also works for weekend engineering works.

--
Paul C
via Google

Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?

Greyed out, not invisible, just as before.

Old May 24th 10, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 24 May, 13:36, MIG wrote:

Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?

It's a very light shade of grey - could do with being made slightly
darker IMO.

The other thing they need to do is to design their website correctly
such that it is not fixed-width, particularly given the tendency
towards widescreen displays these days.

Neil
Old May 24th 10, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On May 24, 12:33*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
Hooray, hooray - Overground and DLR have been added to the Tube Real
Time map. If there is a delay or a closure then the line is
highlighted.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...e/default.html

Also works for weekend engineering works.

At last!

Disruption on the Overground routes did (and still does) appear on an
alternative real time map - if you click on the "Rail" tab of the
"Live travel news" pages then click on the "Show on Tube map" link you
get this (which is I think a legacy/hangover from a previous
incarnation of the TfL website, if memory serves me right):
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/im/RD-T.html

Why London Overground (LO) info never appeared on the main real time
map when it did on this one is a bit of a mystery, especially given
that the greyed-out outline of the LO routes has appeared on that map
for, well, a few years now - how many people did this lull into
thinking that the LO network was fine when it wasn't?!

That said, I note that the legacy real time map I mentioned above is
currently only highlighting the lengthy closure of the NLL east of
Gospel Oak, whilst the main (new) version is currently showing the
suspension of the NLL west of Gospel Oak and of the WLL as far south
as Shepherd's Bush "due to a fire alert at Harlesden" - though that
info itself seems pretty suspect given that the LO JourneyCheck page
says services are "disrupted due to national grid power failure in the
Willesden area", which corresponds with other reports on uk.railway.
(Willesden Jn of course being located in Harlesden rather than
Willesden!)

Anyway enough criticism of times past - good stuff that this has
finally happened - though they might want to work on the accuracy of
the explanations. (Unless there is a fire?)

Old May 24th 10, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 24/05/10 12:36, MIG wrote:
On 24 May, 12:33, Paul wrote:
Hooray, hooray - Overground and DLR have been added to the Tube Real
Time map. If there is a delay or a closure then the line is
highlighted.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...e/default.html

Also works for weekend engineering works.

--
Paul C
via Google

Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?

It is there but perhaps someone should tell tfl that light grey on white
is not very visible. Those of us with poor colour vision can forget
about that page.

Roger
Old May 24th 10, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 24/05/2010 12:41, Neil Williams wrote:
On 24 May, 13:36, wrote:

Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?

It's a very light shade of grey - could do with being made slightly
darker IMO.

Actually, the bulk of the map could be made normal colours, while the
trouble bits flash on and off, although that would not work for the
printed version which is posted at stations.
Old May 24th 10, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 24 May, 13:36, *wrote:

Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?

It's a very light shade of grey - could do with being made slightly
darker IMO.

Actually, the bulk of the map could be made normal colours, while the
trouble bits flash on and off, although that would not work for the
printed version which is posted at stations.

Excellent - just like the web circa 1997!

Re the posters - that's a nit unambitious - what's electronic ink for
if not this?
Old May 24th 10, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 24 May, 13:36, wrote:

Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?

It's a very light shade of grey - could do with being made slightly
darker IMO.

Actually, the bulk of the map could be made normal colours, while the
trouble bits flash on and off, although that would not work for the
printed version which is posted at stations.

Excellent - just like the web circa 1997!

Re the posters - that's a nit unambitious - what's electronic ink for
if not this?

It's for black and white things, AFAIK.
Old May 24th 10, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:09:19 +0100, none ""roger\"@(none)" wrote:

It is there but perhaps someone should tell tfl that light grey on white
is not very visible. Those of us with poor colour vision can forget
about that page.

Isn't that the point? The map is intended to highlight the problem
areas.