London Banter

-   -   Bus Route Maps (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10883-bus-route-maps.html)

MIG June 4th 10 08:47 PM

Bus Route Maps

I am obviously doing something stupid again, but I don't suppose I am
the only stupid person in the world.

Is this just me that can't look up a bus route map by bus route on the
TfL site?

One is invited to put something in a text field, with the wording

"Find bus routes
Route no, postcode, address, landmark or station"

No matter what route I put in, even if I put in "route n", it takes me
to number n London Road somewhere in the London area.

Eg if I am looking for the 25 and enter "25" it takes me to 25 London
Road, Epsom, with a map of route 406. If I put in "route 25" it takes
me to 25 London End, Beaconsfield with a map of route 331.

Richard J.[_3_] June 4th 10 09:19 PM

Bus Route Maps

MIG wrote on 04 June 2010 21:47:18 ...
I am obviously doing something stupid again, but I don't suppose I am
the only stupid person in the world.

Is this just me that can't look up a bus route map by bus route on the
TfL site?

One is invited to put something in a text field, with the wording

"Find bus routes
Route no, postcode, address, landmark or station"

No matter what route I put in, even if I put in "route n", it takes me
to number n London Road somewhere in the London area.

Eg if I am looking for the 25 and enter "25" it takes me to 25 London
Road, Epsom, with a map of route 406. If I put in "route 25" it takes
me to 25 London End, Beaconsfield with a map of route 331.

It doesn't seem to do what it says on the tin. The only way I've found
is to enter somewhere on the route, such as Stratford Broadway for the
25, then scroll down the list of routes on the left side, unhelpfully
listed in white on light grey, and click on the one you want.
--
Richard J.

martin June 4th 10 10:10 PM

Bus Route Maps

On Jun 4, 9:47*pm, MIG wrote:
I am obviously doing something stupid again, but I don't suppose I am
the only stupid person in the world.

Is this just me that can't look up a bus route map by bus route on the
TfL site?

One is invited to put something in a text field, with the wording

"Find bus routes
Route no, postcode, address, landmark or station"

No matter what route I put in, even if I put in "route n", it takes me
to number n London Road somewhere in the London area.

Eg if I am looking for the 25 and enter "25" it takes me to 25 London
Road, Epsom, with a map of route 406. *If I put in "route 25" it takes
me to 25 London End, Beaconsfield with a map of route 331.

Strange - when I enter 25, I get a map of the entire route.
I do find the site a bit tricky to use, though. You may have more luck
with an unofficial site, www.onabus.com

MIG June 4th 10 11:15 PM

Bus Route Maps

On 4 June, 23:10, martin wrote:
On Jun 4, 9:47*pm, MIG wrote:

I am obviously doing something stupid again, but I don't suppose I am
the only stupid person in the world.

Is this just me that can't look up a bus route map by bus route on the
TfL site?

One is invited to put something in a text field, with the wording

"Find bus routes
Route no, postcode, address, landmark or station"

No matter what route I put in, even if I put in "route n", it takes me
to number n London Road somewhere in the London area.

Eg if I am looking for the 25 and enter "25" it takes me to 25 London
Road, Epsom, with a map of route 406. *If I put in "route 25" it takes
me to 25 London End, Beaconsfield with a map of route 331.

Strange - when I enter 25, I get a map of the entire route.
I do find the site a bit tricky to use, though. You may have more luck
with an unofficial site,www.onabus.com-

So do I now. Do you spose someone was reading this and fixed it?

[email protected] June 6th 10 06:03 PM

Bus Route Maps

On 4 June, 23:10, martin wrote:
I do find the site a bit tricky to use, though. You may have more luck
with an unofficial site,www.onabus.com

Should just be onabus.com

--
gordon

[email protected] June 6th 10 06:07 PM

Bus Route Maps

URL should read http://onabus.com/

--
gordon

Paul Corfield June 7th 10 11:35 AM

Bus Route Maps

On Jun 4, 9:47*pm, MIG wrote:
I am obviously doing something stupid again, but I don't suppose I am
the only stupid person in the world.

Is this just me that can't look up a bus route map by bus route on the
TfL site?

One is invited to put something in a text field, with the wording

"Find bus routes
Route no, postcode, address, landmark or station"

No matter what route I put in, even if I put in "route n", it takes me
to number n London Road somewhere in the London area.

Eg if I am looking for the 25 and enter "25" it takes me to 25 London
Road, Epsom, with a map of route 406. *If I put in "route 25" it takes
me to 25 London End, Beaconsfield with a map of route 331.

I have had the same thing happen to me whereby it tries to find
addressess. You then try again some time later and it works
correctly. I have no idea why it happens - my initial encounters with
this "error" were in the very early days of the maps going live. I had
assumed it had been fixed.

--
Paul C
via Google

Richard J.[_3_] June 8th 10 12:03 PM

Bus Route Maps

wrote on 06 June 2010 19:07:14 ...
On 4 June, 23:10, wrote:
I do find the site a bit tricky to use, though. You may have more luck
with an unofficial site,
www.onabus.com

URL should read http://onabus.com/

I've just tried entering two routes (27 and 391) and it doesn't seem to
know about them. "No stops found for this route". Does the site do
anything useful?
--
Richard J.

MIG June 8th 10 04:48 PM

Bus Route Maps

On 8 June, 16:21, Ian Jelf wrote:
In message skqPn.83499$QF7.39237@hurricane, Richard J.
writes

wrote on 06 June 2010 19:07:14 ...
On 4 June, 23:10, *wrote:
I do find the site a bit tricky to use, though. You may have more luck
with an unofficial site,www.onabus.com

URL should read *http://onabus.com/

I've just tried entering two routes (27 and 391) and it doesn't seem to
know about them. *"No stops found for this route". *Does the site do
anything useful?

They (and any others I've tried) both work for me (In Chrome if that
makes any difference).

They work for me in IE8.

Richard J.[_3_] June 8th 10 10:22 PM

Bus Route Maps

MIG wrote on 08 June 2010 17:48:57 ...

On 4 June, 23:10, wrote:
I do find the site a bit tricky to use, though. You may have more luck
with an unofficial site,www.onabus.com

URL should read http://onabus.com/

I've just tried entering two routes (27 and 391) and it doesn't seem to
know about them. "No stops found for this route". Does the site do
anything useful?

They (and any others I've tried) both work for me (In Chrome if that
makes any difference).

They work for me in IE8.

It's now working for me in IE8, which it wasn't earlier today.
--
Richard J.