London Banter

-   -   Red route parking bays (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1103-red-route-parking-bays.html)

Fossil December 2nd 03 10:02 PM

Red route parking bays

Hi people,

What are the parking bays used for? Who can use them? Are they free to use?

Regards,

Fossil

Richard J. December 2nd 03 11:19 PM

Red route parking bays

Fossil wrote:
Hi people,

What are the parking bays used for? Who can use them? Are they free
to use?

Red routes are essentially no-stopping environments, but they don't
necessarily apply all day, so it's not surprising that there are parking
bays on some of them for use outside the "no stopping" times. You would
need to look at the plates on lampposts etc. to find out the permitted
hours, and whether they are for parking or just for loading.
--
Richard J.

Mike Harrison December 3rd 03 08:55 AM

Red route parking bays

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 23:02:43 -0000, "Fossil" wrote:

Hi people,

What are the parking bays used for? Who can use them? Are they free to use?

Regards,

Fossil

Read the signs. All red-route bays are clearly signposted - there are several different types.

Henry December 3rd 03 09:21 AM

Red route parking bays

"Fossil" wrote in message
Hi people,

What are the parking bays used for? Who can use them? Are they free to

use?

There's one in Plough Lane, Wallington, just beside The Plough, in the right
hand approach lane about 20 yards from the Croydon Road junction.

Anyone would be crazy to try and use it!

David Walters December 3rd 03 09:39 AM

Red route parking bays

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:21:31 -0000, Henry wrote:
"Fossil" wrote in message
Hi people,

What are the parking bays used for? Who can use them? Are they free to

use?

There's one in Plough Lane, Wallington, just beside The Plough, in the right
hand approach lane about 20 yards from the Croydon Road junction.

Anyone would be crazy to try and use it!

I think you mean "anyone would be crazy to use it in their own car".

David