Old December 3rd 03, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ping John Rowland and others

A while ago, I heard about a map or document that told you which were the
most convenient interchange stations on the underground line by line - in
other words, where *not* to change lines as it was a long walk/lots of
stairs etc.

Despite searching, I can't find it. Would John or anyone know its
whereabouts?

TIA

Ian

Old December 3rd 03, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian F." wrote in message

A while ago, I heard about a map or document that told you which were the
most convenient interchange stations on the underground line by line - in
other words, where *not* to change lines as it was a long walk/lots of
stairs etc.

LU produces a free book describing exact numbers of steps involved in every
interchange. It doesn't give distances though... which is an oversight,
because there must be a lot of people who have no problem with steps but
can't handle much distance. Unfortunately, the book is so large and heavy
that you have to be a perfect physical specimen to able to carry it.

There is also a map called "The Way Out Map" (which was sold in Stanfords)
which told you which carriage to be in in order to be by the exit or
interchange passage when you arrive. There was another product which did the
same thing line by line instead of as a map. I don't recall a product which
did exactly what you want.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 3rd 03, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian F." wrote in message
A while ago, I heard about a map or document that told you which were the
most convenient interchange stations on the underground line by line - in
other words, where *not* to change lines as it was a long walk/lots of
stairs etc.

Despite searching, I can't find it. Would John or anyone know its
whereabouts?

If you use http://map.tfl.gov.uk/map.asp (from www.thetube.com) you can
click on an interchange station, then on 'Station Access', then on the
line-to-line change that you want to make. That tells you whether it is a
level change, cross-road change (e.g. Hammersmith H&C to Piccadilly) etc.

That's the best one that I can think of, Ian.

HTH

Old December 3rd 03, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"Ian F." wrote in message

There is also a map called "The Way Out Map" (which was sold in Stanfords)
which told you which carriage to be in in order to be by the exit or
interchange passage when you arrive. There was another product which did

the
same thing line by line instead of as a map. I don't recall a product

which
did exactly what you want.

Thanks John, and Jack, for the information.

Best,

Ian