Old December 12th 03, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oystercard 'price capping' not being introduced at fares revision

In message , Kat
writes
The new booklet, Fares For 2004, doesn't mention A - D either but
according to my initial information the single fare on Pre Pay (i.e..
the maximum from A - D) would be £5.50

That's fine if I take the Met line route both ways, but what about the
Chiltern line option. Will I get charged 5.50 GBP for the Amersham to
Marylebone section and then another zone 1 single fare 1.60 GBP for
Baker St to Oxford Circus? Is the software clever enough (or will it
ever be) to know that it is a continuation of a journey and not a
separate journey?
I will be passing through barriers at 4 different stations. Even after
all the threads on here over the last few weeks I still don't know for
sure how much my card will be deducted on Jan 5th. I am guessing 11 GBP
if sticking to LUL and suspect 14.40 GBP via Chiltern which will mean an
extra 3 quid a day (almost).

Also do you have any info on what the prepay fare for the above journey
is likely to be for both Saturday and Sunday combined? It seems to be a
state secret that must not be released to the public under any
circumstance. I can not find the answer from any of the Oyster handouts
or various websites fares PDF's etc.

Cheers
Dave
--
Dave B

Old December 12th 03, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Chris" wrote in message
Having just attended pre-pay and smartcard training,I can confirm that
price capping will not be available due to a problem with the software.
So all customers that intend to make multiple journeys on LUL after Jan

4th
should be advised to buy 1day travelcards.
The full rollout of oyster will not be complete until Feb 28th nee march.

TC 50/2003 quotes "Summer 2004". Management were given quite a bit of stick
regarding the lack of capping from 4th January 2004. Stay tuned for further
news that everyone who has already "purchased" an oystercard is going to be
contacted to let them know that it'll only be useful if you do 1 or 2
journeys and for them not to use it as a 1 day travelcard until advised
otherwise. There should be some senior managers out and about the first week
who no-doubt, be pointed out by the station staff for customers to rant at
about it!

Old December 13th 03, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , daveb
writes
[...]

I have Marylebone - Baker Street shown as an Out of Station
Interchange so you shouldn't be charged extra.

Also do you have any info on what the prepay fare for the above journey
is likely to be for both Saturday and Sunday combined? It seems to be a
state secret that must not be released to the public under any
circumstance. I can not find the answer from any of the Oyster handouts
or various websites fares PDF's etc.

I can't tell you exactly but there appears to be a reduction for single
fares at weekends and public holidays on Pre Pay but as I said the new
booklet doesn't specifically mention A - D

£3.80 (1 - 6 Weekdays)
£3.70 (1 - 6 Weekdays on Pre- Pay)
£1.80 (Weekend and Public Holidays on Pre Pay)

(I've looked at this several times to check I've got it right; it seems
like a big reduction)
--
Kat Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.

Old December 13th 03, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

Capping was still being advertised on a platform ad at St James's Park on
friday night.

Cheers!

Old December 15th 03, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Kat
writes
[...]

OK Thanks for that.
I will post here in Jan the actual amount that was deducted from my card
for the various journey's from zone 6D.

Dave
--
Dave B
Old December 15th 03, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:50:42 +0000, Kat
wrote:

I can't tell you exactly but there appears to be a reduction for single
fares at weekends and public holidays on Pre Pay but as I said the new
booklet doesn't specifically mention A - D

£3.80 (1 - 6 Weekdays)
£3.70 (1 - 6 Weekdays on Pre- Pay)
£1.80 (Weekend and Public Holidays on Pre Pay)

(I've looked at this several times to check I've got it right; it seems
like a big reduction)

It's a massive reduction and correct. Saturday, Sunday and public
holiday Oyster singles will be:
£1.60 for zone 1 only
£1.80 for any/all zones WITH zone 1
£1.00 for any/all zones WITHOUT zone 1.