Old November 6th 10, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Cannon Street - Bank OSI or NOSI?

After discussion about Cannon Street - Bank being missing from a
possibly incomplete list of OSIs, I asked TfL, who eventually replied
stating that it is an OSI.

They even gave specific interchange times, 15 minutes between Cannon
Street Underground and Bank, and 40 minutes between Cannon Street NR
and Bank (I'd have thought that would vary with direction, but it's
what they said).

Then today, a Saturday, I was charged £3.50 for a journey from
Deptford to Holborn, ie £1.70 plus £1.80, instead of the through fare
of £2.80.

So they confirmed that it is an OSI after all, and then I found that
it isn't an OSI after all after all.

Old November 7th 10, 12:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Nov 6, 10:15*pm, wrote:
In article
,

(MIG) wrote:
After discussion about Cannon Street - Bank being missing from a
possibly incomplete list of OSIs, I asked TfL, who eventually replied
stating that it is an OSI.

They even gave specific interchange times, 15 minutes between Cannon
Street Underground and Bank, and 40 minutes between Cannon Street NR
and Bank (I'd have thought that would vary with direction, but it's
what they said).

Then today, a Saturday, I was charged 3.50 for a journey from
Deptford to Holborn, ie 1.70 plus 1.80, instead of the through fare
of 2.80.

So they confirmed that it is an OSI after all, and then I found that
it isn't an OSI after all after all.

Are you claiming your money back? I would after that. 2.80 off peak is
shown in the TfL single fare finder. What does your Oyster journey history
show?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I don't know what the history shows yet. The phone bill to get a
refund will be worth more than the refund, so I'm giving them the
chance to fix it by email.

Nevertheless, I would rather that the phone company got the money than
TfL if it comes to it, given that the latter is at fault.

The single fare finder is not necessarily proof that it's an OSI. I
may have been expected to change at London Bridge and Bank, or Cannon
Street and Liverpool Street or some other nonsense.
Old November 7th 10, 12:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(MIG) wrote:

On Nov 6, 10:15*pm, wrote:
In article

,
(MIG) wrote:
[...]

You asked and they assured you it was an OSI. Seems good enough to me.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old November 10th 10, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Nov 7, 12:34*am, wrote:
In article
,

(MIG) wrote:
On Nov 6, 10:15 pm, wrote:
In article

,
(MIG) wrote:
[...]

I've since had a reply confirming that it isn't an OSI after all after
all. The issue is apparently with the tool which they use to inform
them of the situation at specific stations, eg OSI or pink validators,
on the basis of which they misinformed me. (I wonder if this relates
to the previous Bank escalator situation?)

TfL is reviewing the situation and Cannon Street to Bank could be
introduced as an OSI in future if there is an agreement with the NR
company. However, for now, it definitely isn't.

I think that it definitely should be, given the much greater distances
over which OSIs do apply, and given that it's such a useful through
route (compared with Waterloo to Embankment, which is an OSI).

Because I was misinformed, I am being offered a refund of £1.40 (I
thought it was £0.70), but only the once, and it will continue to
charge for separate journeys if I go that way again.

Old November 10th 10, 12:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 10, 12:08*am, MIG wrote:

On Nov 7, 12:34*am, wrote:
[snip]
[...]

Glad to hear there's been a resolution to this mystery - and that TfL
(specifically Oyster CS) owned up to getting it wrong first time round
and seemingly apologised for that.

I agree that a Cannon Street NR to Bank LU OSI would be a Good Thing
(whilst I suppose at the same time acknowledging that more OSIs
provide more opportunities for OSI related time-out issues) - as has
been discussed many times before, this interchange is a great way of
getting from points south east to the west end or indeed wherever on
the Central line.

(And perhaps you're onto something w.r.t. the (mis)info they gave you
and the Bank escalator situation as was, though without scratching my
head for a bit I can't quite think how such a befuddlement might pan
out.)