Old November 30th 10, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Anerley retentive

From TfL's live travel news / 'service update now' page:

---quote---
DALSTON JUNCTION TO WEST CROYDON Suspended between Sydenham and West
Croydon due to a faulty train at Anerly. Severe delays are occurring
on the rest of the line.
---/quote---

I await news of vegetation blocking the line at Broccoli, delays at
Whopping due to overcrowding, and services suspended because of
passenger action at Shagwell.

Old December 1st 10, 12:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Nov 30, 10:59*pm, Mizter T wrote:
From TfL's live travel news / 'service update now' page:

---quote---
DALSTON JUNCTION TO WEST CROYDON Suspended between Sydenham and West
Croydon due to a faulty train at Anerly. Severe delays are occurring
on the rest of the line.
---/quote---

I await news of vegetation blocking the line at Broccoli, delays at
Whopping due to overcrowding, and services suspended because of
passenger action at Shagwell.

That will depend on how good a pundit you are.
Old December 1st 10, 06:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Whenever I see te name Anerley I end up with the song Puff, The Magic
Dragon going through my head all day.
Old December 1st 10, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Right. Who gave me one star?

All my posts should be given 5 stars to help make The Odessa Steps
wheelchair accessible.
Old December 1st 10, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 1, 6:13*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's nothing - there was a new service that was suspended this
morning. One from New Cross to West Croydon. I wasn't aware that a new
line had been built from the South Eastern network to Croydon. Fast
work!

Well, they were perfectly correct in saying there were no services
running from New Cross to West Croydon...

Old December 1st 10, 07:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
martin wrote:
On Dec 1, 6:13*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's nothing - there was a new service that was suspended this
morning. One from New Cross to West Croydon. I wasn't aware that a new
line had been built from the South Eastern network to Croydon. Fast
work!

Well, they were perfectly correct in saying there were no services
running from New Cross to West Croydon...

Is there any possibility that if you board a London Overground service
at New Cross bound for Dalston Junction, it might then become a West
Croydon service (and you might be able to stay on)?

-roy

Old December 1st 10, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roy Badami" wrote
martin wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
That's nothing - there was a new service that was suspended this
morning. One from New Cross to West Croydon. I wasn't aware that a new
line had been built from the South Eastern network to Croydon. Fast
work!

Well, they were perfectly correct in saying there were no services running
from New Cross to West Croydon...

Is there any possibility that if you board a London Overground service at
New Cross bound for Dalston Junction, it might then become a West Croydon
service (and you might be able to stay on)?

I suppose it could happen if services are disrupted, but I think the current
normal pattern is for the New Cross service to be self-contained. It's the
West Croydons and Crystal Palaces that interwork.

Old December 1st 10, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, MIG wrote:

On Nov 30, 10:59*pm, Mizter T wrote:
From TfL's live travel news / 'service update now' page:

---quote---
DALSTON JUNCTION TO WEST CROYDON Suspended between Sydenham and West
Croydon due to a faulty train at Anerly. Severe delays are occurring
on the rest of the line.
---/quote---

I await news of vegetation blocking the line at Broccoli, delays at
Whopping due to overcrowding, and services suspended because of
passenger action at Shagwell.

That will depend on how good a pundit you are.

Great stuff, guys!

tom

--
DO NOT WANT!
Old December 1st 10, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2010\11\30 22:59, Mizter T wrote:
From TfL's live travel news / 'service update now' page:

---quote---
DALSTON JUNCTION TO WEST CROYDON Suspended between Sydenham and West
Croydon

There's a schwebebahn in London?
Old December 1st 10, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 01/12/2010 20:57, Roy Badami wrote:

Is there any possibility that if you board a London Overground service
at New Cross bound for Dalston Junction, it might then become a West
Croydon service (and you might be able to stay on)?

To do that, it would have to reverse at Surrey Quays, which seems rather
unlikely.

--
John Ray