Old December 16th 03, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oystercard - not quite as useful as we were led to believe

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message ...
"Dave Liney" wrote in message

Or to look at it another way LU launching a system that wasn't ready and
setting unobtainable target dates for Pre-Pay.

Or:

Private company doesn't meet key milestones in a project managed by
themselves, despite assuring customer that milestones would be met and
product would be ready for launch?

No, that'd be attributating blame where it's due wouldn't it. Far better
just to bash LUL. You're not an Evening Standard journalist perchance, are
you?

But are these contractors liable for any penalties for failing to
deliver? If not, the targets are meaningless.
Old December 16th 03, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message . ..
"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

But I don't want X pre-paid fares on my oyster. I want X days unlimited

use
as per weekly /monthly travelcard unlimited use.

Yes, I know, but the contractor is unable to deliver!

But it can be done, the bloke at the ticket office I spoke to had done
it for someone else and got into trouble for it! Its nothing to do with
the technology , its LU bloody management!

B2003
Old December 16th 03, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"umpston" wrote in message
om...

But are these contractors liable for any penalties for failing to
deliver? If not, the targets are meaningless.

Sorry, I don't have access to the wierd and wonderful world of contracts!

Old December 16th 03, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...
"Robin Mayes" wrote in message

. ..
"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

But I don't want X pre-paid fares on my oyster. I want X days

unlimited
use
as per weekly /monthly travelcard unlimited use.

Yes, I know, but the contractor is unable to deliver!

But it can be done, the bloke at the ticket office I spoke to had done
it for someone else and got into trouble for it! Its nothing to do with
the technology , its LU bloody management!

It would appear we're at cross purposes here. If you're saying you want a
three day ticket on an Oystercard, yes, it's possible to set it up on a
ticket office machine, but it's not in the fare structure. What I'm saying
is with Oyster Pre-pay with fare capping enabled, you'd be able to prepay
the cost of 3 days worth of LT cards and then have unlimited travel on
services that LT cards are valid on. I suggest if you don't want the LT card
option you contact TfL suggesting major changes to the fare and ticketing
arrangements. However, I have the feeling you'll be told that what you
require isn't economically viable.