Old December 23rd 10, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

FCC were running their emergency GN timetable on Monday and I found out
today that hey are running it today and tomorrow (Christmas Eve). So the
late trains promised on Christmas Eve have presumably gone west.

But the worst thing is the outrageous padding in the timings, presumably
to avoid any delay claims even when they lost time.

Examples are xx:10 depart Royston, xx:41 arrive Cambridge. That is so
ludicrous an allowance between the stations that even the stopper at xx:18
arrives at xx:43, taking 25 minutes all stations instead of 31 non-stop.
Needless to say we arrived at 16:32 on Monday despite leaving Royston at
16:15.

In the other direction they are allowing 20 minutes from Finsbury Park
(dep. xx:24) to King's Cross (arr. xx:44). The 09:08 this morning arrived
at 10:28, surprise, surprise.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old December 23rd 10, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
wrote:
FCC were running their emergency GN timetable on Monday and I found out
today that hey are running it today and tomorrow (Christmas Eve). So the
late trains promised on Christmas Eve have presumably gone west.

Hmm, I got causght up in the emergency timetable (and other NXEA
disruption) on Monday and I'm sure they said they were expecting to
run a normal timetable on Tuesday. Are you saying everything is
*still* broken today? :-(

-roy