Old December 23rd 10, 04:48 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Tip for anyone going from Cambridge to London tonight or tomorrow

FCC have thrown in the towel and are running a two trains an hour nearly
all stations slow service only. So, for once, journey times are faster to
and from Liverpool Street.

So I say, stuff FCC for their meanness (even with stock shortages they
could surely have found enough for an hourly fast service) and use NXEA's
cheaper fares, especially the Off Peak Travelcard.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old December 24th 10, 07:01 AM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london

In article ,
wrote:
Everything in the timetable was cancelled, replaced by trains at 08 and 38
minutes past each hour, timetabled to take 96 minutes to get to King's
Cross. As the schedule allows 20 minutes from Finsbury Park to King's
Cross, we were 15 minutes early this morning.

Was like that coming back from the Cross on Monday.

FFS, if Virgin can manage to cope with snowed-under North West England,
picking up stranded Manchester passengers at an unscheduled Crewe
stop, and still get in less than 5 minutes past the scheduled time, I
don't quite understand where the problems are here where there isn't a
foot-and-a-half of snow.

BTw, I heartily recommend Advance First tickets on Virgin for anyone
that needs to travel on that route ;-)
--
+ Cris Galletly +
Old December 25th 10, 01:41 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london

In article ,
Ian Bidwell wrote:
But Virgin did not cope, they cancelled hourly trains to Manchester,
Birmingham and Chester/Holyhead all week.

Coped well enough to be only 5 minutes late into Euston despite having
made an unscheduled stop to pick up the passengers who should have
been on the services you mention.

In the same way Germany,Switzerland, Nederlands did not 'cope'

Coped well enough to get my housemates to Aachen and back last weekend.

I am *not* saying that there were no problems. But I do think FCC should
be able to do a bit better given how much less snow they are having to
accommodate compared to say Merseyrail, which I am frankly amazed managed
to run any service at all.
--
+ Cris Galletly +