Old December 18th 03, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bikes on DLR

Are bikes allowed on the DLR?

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Robin May may be my name, but Robin is my first name.

Old December 18th 03, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive R Robertson wrote the following
in:

On 18 Dec 2003 19:32:32 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

Are bikes allowed on the DLR?

Only when folded -- see the last Q&A on
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/customer/faq.shtml

Aha, I see. Good thing I'm getting a Brompton for Christmas.

Old December 18th 03, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Are bikes allowed on the DLR?

Only when folded -- see the last Q&A on
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/customer/faq.shtml

Regards,

Clive

--

..sig broken -- the sellotape is on the way
Old December 19th 03, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Are bikes allowed on the DLR?

Only when folded -- see the last Q&A on
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/customer/faq.shtml

Aha, I see. Good thing I'm getting a Brompton for Christmas.

I strongly recommend them. They're useful for Eurostar and deep tube
lines, as well.

Clive

Old December 19th 03, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Are bikes allowed on the DLR?

Only when folded -- see the last Q&A on
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/customer/faq.shtml

Aha, I see. Good thing I'm getting a Brompton for Christmas.

I strongly recommend them. They're useful for Eurostar and deep
tube lines, as well.

I got it today. What an absolutely brilliant bike. I can tell I'm going
to get a lot of use out of it.

Old December 19th 03, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Are bikes allowed on the DLR?

Only when folded -- see the last Q&A on
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/customer/faq.shtml

Aha, I see. Good thing I'm getting a Brompton for Christmas.

I strongly recommend them. They're useful for Eurostar and deep
tube lines, as well.

I got it today. What an absolutely brilliant bike. I can tell I'm
going to get a lot of use out of it.

Oi! Wrap it up again! It's not Christmas yet.
:-)

--
Richard J.
Old December 28th 03, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote:
Aha, I see. Good thing I'm getting a Brompton for Christmas.

I strongly recommend them. They're useful for Eurostar and deep
tube lines, as well.

I got it today. What an absolutely brilliant bike. I can tell I'm going
to get a lot of use out of it.

I have one, and use it almost constantly on summer months - travelling
overland (ten minutes' ride away) rather than on the tube (two minutes'
walk) and seeing a bit of central London for a change. Occasionally I'll
cycle the whole way home, but that's one hour twenty minutes. Of course,
if it starts raining, just hop onto your nearest tube/train/bus. Your
arm will strengthen itself - don't worry if it's a bit heavy to begin with!

Word of warning: always lock it. If going into, say, a pub for a swift
half, take the bike in with you, rather than leaving it outside. Same
goes for a shop - nobody complains. It's a very nickable item, so make
sure you insure it too.

Institutionalised law-breaking using bikes - anarchy is near at hand Silas Denyer London Transport 183 November 19th 10 10:53 AM
Old cars or bikes wtd for Primrose Hill Summer Festival, Saturday 25th June 2005 [email protected] London Transport 1 April 26th 05 02:53 PM
MP promotes bikes and trains JWBA68 London Transport 2 November 2nd 04 09:15 PM
If bikes were licensed, where would the plate go, and how big? Usenet London Transport 23 October 24th 04 07:17 PM
Bikes on Thameslink James Bentall London Transport 20 October 21st 03 09:50 PM