London Banter

-   -   Please stand behind the line as the train approaches and let passengers off before boarding (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12104-please-stand-behind-line-train.html)

[email protected] June 27th 11 08:36 PM

Please stand behind the line as the train approaches and let passengers off before boarding

Is it really necessary to play it as much as they do at Bond Street, luckily
I am not there for very long, but it must drive the staff mad!

Neil Williams June 28th 11 05:12 AM

Please stand behind the line as the train approaches and let passengers off before boarding

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:36:37 +0100, "
wrote:
Is it really necessary to play it as much as they do at Bond

Street, luckily
I am not there for very long, but it must drive the staff mad!

LUL seem to like giving a running commentary - the top of the Circle
is particularly bad for this. It is pointless, as people ignore it
anyway.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK

Recliner[_2_] June 29th 11 09:54 AM

Please stand behind the line as the train approaches and let passengers off before boarding

.net
wrote:
Is it really necessary to play it as much as they do at Bond Street,
luckily I am not there for very long, but it must drive the staff
mad!

LUL seem to like giving a running commentary - the top of the Circle
is particularly bad for this. It is pointless, as people ignore it
anyway.

It's worse than pointless -- most passengers ignore *all* the
announcements, even the occasionally useful one. For example, the
endless 'mind the gap' warnings should be confined to the few stations
that really need it, like Bank Central Line.

Mizter T June 29th 11 10:18 AM

"Recliner" wrote:

"Neil Williams" wrote:

LUL seem to like giving a running commentary - the top of the Circle
is particularly bad for this. It is pointless, as people ignore it
anyway.

It's worse than pointless -- most passengers ignore *all* the
announcements, even the occasionally useful one. For example, the endless
'mind the gap' warnings should be confined to the few stations that really
need it, like Bank Central Line.

I recall reading on the District Dave forum something about how one of the
infraco's chosen replacement PA systems just blurts out the 'Mind The Gap'
warning regardless of the station in question.

[email protected] June 29th 11 10:28 AM

Please stand behind the line as the train approaches and let passengers off before boarding

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:54:55 +0100
l.net
wrote:
Is it really necessary to play it as much as they do at Bond Street,
luckily I am not there for very long, but it must drive the staff
mad!

LUL seem to like giving a running commentary - the top of the Circle
is particularly bad for this. It is pointless, as people ignore it
anyway.

It's worse than pointless -- most passengers ignore *all* the
announcements, even the occasionally useful one. For example, the
endless 'mind the gap' warnings should be confined to the few stations
that really need it, like Bank Central Line.

I do like the ones where the platform attendant starts droning on about
minding the gap when there isn't even a train in the station. Perhaps they
think we can't spot the large ditch where the tracks are by ourselves?

B2003

Recliner[_2_] June 29th 11 10:41 AM

wrote:
Is it really necessary to play it as much as they do at Bond
Street, luckily I am not there for very long, but it must drive
the staff mad!

LUL seem to like giving a running commentary - the top of the Circle
is particularly bad for this. It is pointless, as people ignore it
anyway.

It's worse than pointless -- most passengers ignore *all* the
announcements, even the occasionally useful one. For example, the
endless 'mind the gap' warnings should be confined to the few
stations that really need it, like Bank Central Line.

I do like the ones where the platform attendant starts droning on
about minding the gap when there isn't even a train in the station.
Perhaps they think we can't spot the large ditch where the tracks are
by ourselves?

Even more amusing is the instruction *never* to cross the yellow line on
platforms -- how are we expected to board trains?