Old January 4th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stored Underground Stock

Hello all,

The disused tube stock discussion has gone silent so can I check with
those that know, what stock is where? I know there WERE 83ts at
Cockfosters, Sth Harrow and a few others (I see it is still at Neasden
- just about anyway) but what about the mk I 72ts around the place?

Is there anything around, anything that can be photted? I know the TFL
museum have some but have had a bad experience there so more
interested in the stuff thats around in something like its natural
habitat!

Also, I know that Wood Lane station has now been pulled down but are
there any other disused stations in danger of being pulled down?

Thanks in advance!

Old January 4th 04, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

The disused tube stock discussion has gone silent so can I check with
those that know, what stock is where? I know there WERE 83ts at
Cockfosters, Sth Harrow and a few others (I see it is still at Neasden
- just about anyway) but what about the mk I 72ts around the place?

Is there anything around, anything that can be photted? I know the TFL
museum have some but have had a bad experience there so more
interested in the stuff thats around in something like its natural
habitat!

'72 stock units are at Hainault depot and Shoeburyness. They'll be difficult
to photograph, unless you manage to speak to the depot manager at Hainault
quickly as they are to be removed for scapping soon!

Old January 5th 04, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message ...
"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

The disused tube stock discussion has gone silent so can I check with
those that know, what stock is where? I know there WERE 83ts at
Cockfosters, Sth Harrow and a few others (I see it is still at Neasden
- just about anyway) but what about the mk I 72ts around the place?

Is there anything around, anything that can be photted? I know the TFL
museum have some but have had a bad experience there so more
interested in the stuff thats around in something like its natural
habitat!

'72 stock units are at Hainault depot and Shoeburyness. They'll be difficult
to photograph, unless you manage to speak to the depot manager at Hainault
quickly as they are to be removed for scapping soon!

You mean a decision has finally been made to scrap them? Who is the
depot manager at Hainualt and is he likely to be amenable? Have
previously got some photos off the platforms of them at Hainualt.
Also, how will they be removed from Hainault, by rail or by road?

Thanks again!
Old January 5th 04, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
Have previously got some photos off the platforms of them at Hainualt.

Not now possible, as they have now been moved to sidings at the Grange Hill
end of the depot, near the depot roadway.

Also, how will they be removed from Hainault, by rail or by road?

Almost certainly by road. (cf above!)

Old January 5th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...

You mean a decision has finally been made to scrap them?

Yes, the missus had the bad luck in having to get agree from everyone to
agree to it.

Who is the depot manager at Hainualt and is he likely to be amenable?
Have previously got some photos off the platforms of them at Hainualt.

Not a clue! If you're local perhaps the local station staff could give you
some details. Otherwise Metronet are the infraco who 'own' Hainault depot,
perhaps they might be able to help.

Also, how will they be removed from Hainault, by rail or by road?

Almost certainly by road.

Old January 5th 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...

The disused tube stock discussion has gone silent so can I check with
those that know, what stock is where? I know there WERE 83ts at
Cockfosters, Sth Harrow and a few others (I see it is still at Neasden
- just about anyway) but what about the mk I 72ts around the place?

Apparently there are 2, 7 car trains of '72 stock at Acton that won't be
scrapped. Perhaps the engineering arpentices will be allowed to do a
scrapheap challenge on them!

Old January 6th 04, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
.. .

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...

The disused tube stock discussion has gone silent so can I check with
those that know, what stock is where? I know there WERE 83ts at
Cockfosters, Sth Harrow and a few others (I see it is still at Neasden
- just about anyway) but what about the mk I 72ts around the place?

Apparently there are 2, 7 car trains of '72 stock at Acton that won't be
scrapped. Perhaps the engineering arpentices will be allowed to do a
scrapheap challenge on them!

In the rew place?

Old January 6th 04, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was CIG_BIG_CIG
), in message
who said:

Also, I know that Wood Lane station has now been pulled down but are
there any other disused stations in danger of being pulled down?

WHAT?!?!?

It was still there a few months ago last time I looked.

Very sad news indeed.

BTN

Old January 6th 04, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ben Nunn" wrote in message ...

It was still there a few months ago last time I looked.

Very sad news indeed.

BTN

Gone by November; photos here (bottom of page).
Old January 6th 04, 04:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

who said:

Also, I know that Wood Lane station has now been pulled down but are
there any other disused stations in danger of being pulled down?

WHAT?!?!?

It was still there a few months ago last time I looked.

Very sad news indeed.

Perhaps you are not aware that the facade has been preserved for
restoration and display at the Acton Depot of London's Transport Museum.
See
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/metro/03/0309/18/

--
Richard J.