Old August 25th 11, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default York Road (?) curve

Yesterday I took the FCC Thameslink from St Pancras to Farringdon and
just before entering the old Kings Cross station there were lights and
men in what looked like a small a tunnel curving back and away on the
north side of the main tunnel.
I presume this would be the York Road curve - what is being done
there ?

Old August 25th 11, 11:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"BazzaSoft" wrote in message
Yesterday I took the FCC Thameslink from St Pancras to Farringdon and
just before entering the old Kings Cross station there were lights and
men in what looked like a small a tunnel curving back and away on the
north side of the main tunnel.
I presume this would be the York Road curve - what is being done
there ?

uk.railway added

I believe it's now an access route for NR staff to get around to some of the
various bits of power and signalling equipment in the area. The northern
entrance at the site of the York Rd platform certainly looks quite well
used. There's the resignalling project underway on the Thameslink route at
the moment as well of course, so new installations could be taking place -
it's a fairly likely place to fit location cabinets and similar...

It was also used a couple of years back for access to various work sites
associated with the new LU passageways under the mainline station at one
stage, but I guess that use has now ceased.

Paul S