Old August 30th 11, 10:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default 1506 and Boltar

On Aug 29, 4:06*pm, Dave Jackson wrote:
On 29/08/2011 12:21, Tim Fenton wrote:

flannelled fool

Neddie Seagoon, IIRC. He wanted to buy a penguin...

Must dig out the mp3 player which holds my Goon collection - certainly
be more entertaining than this thread.

There is always something distasteful about off-topic threads that
exist merely to criticize individuals. They have no place in uk.r, et
al. Several months back Whitehead started one in order to belittle
Alan Tracy. Doing so said much more about Whitehead than Mr. Tracy.

MIG is showing immaturity in starting this thread. But, he is young
yet. MIG is a Timmy Ton writ small. What, you may ask, is the
problem with Timmy Ton? At personal level he questions my heritage.
In my particular case said heritage is passed on thru the female
line. To question it is to be offensive towards my mother. No man
should stand by and allow his mother to be insulted. I responded in
kind. Timmy did not stand up for his mother.

Timmy also has no problem with military rockets being fired into
primary schools and folk's homes. At least he takes a dim view of the
appropriate response. That is the height of callousness. Children
should always be protected. And few material possessions are more
precious than one's home. They represent years of hard work.

Apart from that he stands for all that is low, vulgar, indecent, and
offensive. A good two thirds of this list could be applied to
Timmy;
http://tinyurl.com/445f8gf

You will understand why I dislike the creature.

Oh, and like you, I miss the Goons. Must stop by the BBC shop
sometime.

Old August 30th 11, 10:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Aug 28, 8:39*am, The Real Doctor wrote:
On 28/08/11 04:35, Tom Nicholls wrote:

For me, it's less about politics and more about civility.

I don't think these nutcases even have much political importance. Sure,
they make a lot of noise on the comments pages of the Telegraph, Mail,
BBC (Speak You're Branes) and so on, but if they vote at all it will
almost certainly be for the lunatic fringe: UKIP, BNP etc.

My own infallible test for wackjobs is the use of "so-called": as soon
as you see references to "so-called experts" or the "so-call Human
Rights Act" you know that the author has significant problems with reality.

Another infallible test, in my experience, is to see whether they
believe in the literal truth of words written by bronze-age desert
tribesmen over the findings of modern science aka religious
fundamentalism. I've yet to meet anyone falling into that category
who has anything to say that's worth listening to. Mr "Auer"-Hudson
is the living embodiment of that principle.
Old August 30th 11, 10:35 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 03:29:43 -0700 (PDT)
BrianW wrote:
Bloatar, who has made himself look a dick on every newsgroup he posts
to. Why would it bother you what a pair of loons say about you?

Haven't you got any pointless patent litigation to tie up the courts with
you could be getting on with Mr Lefty Solicitor?

B2003

Old August 30th 11, 10:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Aug 29, 8:22*pm, "Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:
On Aug 29, 8:09*pm, wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 01:32:15 -0700 (PDT)

Tom wrote:
limits. *There's a graph around the net of the Tory share of the vote
since the war and it's clearly declining, which possible explains why

Really? Hmm, thats odd:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/el...ml/england.stm

Looks pretty blue to me in england. (sic)

That's because the Tories tend to do well in the affluent countryside
constituencies that cover the largest geographical areas. Even in the
event of a Labour landslide, those maps would still look pretty blue.

The countryside: That would be farms. Farmers are the folks who work
long hours to put food on your table. They are common sense people.
They vote Conservative because they have worked very hard for what
they have. Do you have a problem with that?

The Countryside is also home to countless small businesses. These
people work hard and do not rely on government hand outs. They do pay
ample taxes and collect VAT.

The countryside of the home counties is home to myriad commuters who
buy expensive tickets in order to commute to London and do real work.
Without their effort and taxes London's welfare insanity would not
exist.

Nock the countryside if you wish. You are biting the hand that feeds
you.

Old August 30th 11, 10:42 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 30/08/11 11:37, 1506 wrote:
The countryside: That would be farms. Farmers are the folks who work
long hours to put food on your table.

And survive on handouts from Brussels.

Ian
Old August 30th 11, 10:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

BrianW wrote:
Bloatar, who has made himself look a dick on every newsgroup he posts
to. =A0Why would it bother you what a pair of loons say about you?

Haven't you got any pointless patent litigation to tie up the courts with
you could be getting on with Mr Lefty Solicitor?

Yes, thanks.

Good, so eff off and get on with it.

B2003

Old August 30th 11, 10:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Tom wrote:
[...]

He's not knocking the countryside. He's just pointing out that rural
areas have lower population densities, and are therefore larger
(sometimes considerably larger) than urban constituencies. Therefore,
the map can look blue, even though a majority of people can still be
voting red (albeit not at the last election).
Old August 30th 11, 10:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:42:03 +0100
The Real Doctor wrote:
On 30/08/11 11:37, 1506 wrote:
The countryside: That would be farms. Farmers are the folks who work
long hours to put food on your table.

And survive on handouts from Brussels.

Because supermarkets won't pay them the real value of what they produce.
The farmers should call their bluff - then watch Tesco et al panic as they
try and source basic commodities for the entire country from abroad.

B2003

Old August 30th 11, 10:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

BrianW wrote:
Bloatar, who has made himself look a dick on every newsgroup he posts
to. =A0Why would it bother you what a pair of loons say about you?

Haven't you got any pointless patent litigation to tie up the courts with
you could be getting on with Mr Lefty Solicitor?

Yes, thanks.

Good, so eff off and get on with it.

OK.

Incidentally, I like the insinuation that commercial solicitors (as
opposed, say, to human rights lawyers) are likely to be lefties. Met
many?