London Banter

-   -   Kings Cross to Moorgate - misleading reproting. (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12226-kings-cross-moorgate-misleading-reproting.html)

blanik August 30th 11 06:36 PM

Kings Cross to Moorgate - misleading reproting.

Just looking at my wife's travel record ( with her permission! ) for travel one week ago,

???? - 13:32 [no touch in] to Moorgate £2.50 charge
13:20 - ???? Kings Cross (Pic, Victoria lines ) to [no touch out ] £4.40 charge

First I though she had been charged £6.90 from KX to Moorgate, so punted off a query to TLF but then realised the £2.50 charge was actually a credit and the fare was correct - very confusing.....but why was the KX-moorgate journey not reported correctly, is it because she took the northern line instead of the circle?

Mizter T August 31st 11 07:29 AM

On Aug 30, 6:36*pm, blanik wrote:
Just looking at my wife's travel record ( with her permission! ) for
travel one week ago,

???? - 13:32 [no touch in] to Moorgate £2.50 charge
13:20 - ???? Kings Cross (Pic, Victoria lines ) to [no touch out ] £4.40
charge

First I though she had been charged £6.90 from KX to Moorgate, so punted
off a query to TLF but then realised the £2.50 charge was actually a
credit and the fare was correct - *very confusing.....but why was the
KX-moorgate journey not reported correctly, is it because she took the
northern line instead of the circle?

What were the other journeys that your wife made just before / after
the KX to Moorgate journey? I'm guessing she may have arrived at KX
from a zone 6 National Rail station - is that right? (That'd explain
the £4.40 fare, which matches the off-peak through TfL+NR zones 1-6
fare.)

The online journey history facility is sometimes somewhat patchy, and
fails to show things properly (except the current balance on the card
which is normally pretty much up to date as of the previous day,
allowing for any bus journeys which might take longer to feed into the
system). If she were to check the journey history on screen at a
London Underground ticket machine then it should be complete - alas
this facility isn't offered on Oyster-compatible National Rail ticket
machines, which is annoying.

Paul Scott[_3_] August 31st 11 11:25 AM

"blanik" wrote in message
Just looking at my wife's travel record ( with her permission! ) for
travel one week ago,

???? - 13:32 [no touch in] to Moorgate £2.50 charge
13:20 - ???? Kings Cross (Pic, Victoria lines ) to [no touch out ] £4.40
charge

First I though she had been charged £6.90 from KX to Moorgate, so punted
off a query to TLF but then realised the £2.50 charge was actually a
credit and the fare was correct - very confusing.....but why was the
KX-moorgate journey not reported correctly, is it because she took the
northern line instead of the circle?

This seems to be a glitch which is being sorted, according to the
explanation of the new journey history on Mike Whitaker's independent
Oyster explanation, he

http://www.oyster-rail.org.uk/2011/0...with-pictures/

Your scenario seems to be that shown on the third example for Sat 13th...

Paul S

blanik August 31st 11 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizter T (Post 122458)
What were the other journeys that your wife made just before / after
the KX to Moorgate journey? I'm guessing she may have arrived at KX
from a zone 6 National Rail station - is that right? (That'd explain
the £4.40 fare, which matches the off-peak through TfL+NR zones 1-6
fare.)

Journey before was that morning on a paper National Rail return ticket from outside London arriving KX, journey after was a boo boo. She thought the return paper ticket was only valid from KX ( it was however marked London Terminals ) so she swiped Oyster in at Moorgate ( to 'pay' for Moorgate to Finsbury Park ) and got on a mainline train home. So got another Moorgate - no exit charge of £4.40 [ which in this case was correct! ].