Old September 15th 11, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Earl's Court escalators

I see that Piccadilly trains aren't stopping from yesterday until next
Wednesday (inclusive) due to emergency escalator maintenance.

Anyone got any more details? Why not use encourage interchange elsewhere but
stop anyway and allow people to use the lifts and stairs?

On my Wimbledon-Upminster train people were told to interchange at South
Kensington, not the quickest if going West from Earls Court.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old September 15th 11, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[snip]
Theres also no access to the piccadilly at holborn in the mornings due
them
repairing one of the escalators AGAIN. They were all completely rebuilt
only
3 years ago, WTF is going on?

Is that ongoing?

This BBC London travel tweet is from Sun 11 Sept - but a quick search hasn't
found mention of it since:
http://twitter.com/#!/BBCTravelAlert...03719305232385

No mention of Holborn on the 'stations' tab on the TfL live travel news
page:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel....html#stations

Old September 15th 11, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:39:52 +0100
"Mizter T" wrote:
wrote:
[snip]
Theres also no access to the piccadilly at holborn in the mornings due
them
repairing one of the escalators AGAIN. They were all completely rebuilt
only
3 years ago, WTF is going on?

Is that ongoing?

It was there this morning. Perhaps its new, its the first time I've got off
at holborn for a few weeks. You could come off the piccadilly but not get on
to it.

B2003

Old September 15th 11, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:54:28 -0500,
wrote:
Anyone got any more details? Why not use encourage interchange

elsewhere but
stop anyway and allow people to use the lifts and stairs?

Dangerous overcrowding?

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK

Old September 16th 11, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:27:45 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:
I wonder why the lifts have been closed for so long? I had thought that
they were due to be back in service months ago.

That might have required somebody working hard. Unions don't allow it.

B2003