Old September 22nd 11, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Marine themed smartcards

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Sep 21, 8:25 pm, "Martin Rich" wrote:
[...]
... and Boston has the Charlie card - principally a nod to 'Charlie
on the MTA', and so surely the only transport ticket named after a
protest song prompted by a fare rise, but also presumably a
reference to the Charles River

Whilst my suggestions upthread weren't entirely serious, I did have
the Charlie Card in mind when pondering alternative potential names
for London's smartcard - I do wonder whether leftfield suggestions
might have got a bit more of a look in had the name been decided upon
directly by TfL (and hence the Mayor) rather than the PFI outfit
Transys that was responsible for implementing and running the
smartcard system.

[Re-posted as the previous attempt seems to have disappeared]
I presume you're suggesting it might have been called the Newt card?

Old September 22nd 11, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

On 2011\09\19 18:05, Matthew Dickinson wrote:
Merseytravel have followed the trend for marine-named smartcards by
introducing the Walrus card

http://www.walruscard.com/index.asp

That's actually a Beatles theme!

Good grief! I thought of the Beatles song straight away when I heard of the
name. At the time I didn't know it was anything to do with Liverpool!

--
Colin Rosenstiel