Old November 28th 11, 08:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail construction contracts let at low prices

On Nov 27, 12:52*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Big Jack" wrote in message

Are you suggesting Crossrail has not yet started?

No what I am suggesting is that it has taken too long to deliver.

CrossRail was planned before the change into the current cetury. We
are now in year 11, going on 12.

Old November 28th 11, 09:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 27, 1:18*pm, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 27/11/2011 12:52, Paul Scott wrote:

"Big Jack" wrote in message

How's the Edinburgh tram coming on?

Last time I checked it's now coming along, very late in the
construction and well over budget.

Just goes to show that you should never trust the estimates of a City
of Edinburgh Labour Council.

There was programme shown on the BBC parliament channel last week on
the tram, probably still on I Player. It started out to cost £375 and
is currently expected to finally cost £1Bn, for only half the original
estimated.amount of tram line.

The current Scottsih Government threatened to withhold their subsidy
of the project and only recently got an agreement with the City.

The shortened version of which is the City of Edinburgh had to get the
extra cash from the Banks and repay it over a 30 years loan. This will
be financed from the ratepayers of the City.No addition Scottish or UK
government money is being offered.

Another condition is that the City Council Project company TIE is
disbananded and the project control transferred to Transport Scotland.
The Scottish Government equivelent of the DfT. Otherwise all deals are
off.
Old November 28th 11, 09:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 28, 8:59*pm, Big Jack wrote:

On Nov 27, 12:52*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote: "Big Jack" wrote in message

Are you suggesting Crossrail has not yet started?

No what I am suggesting is that it has taken too long to deliver.

CrossRail was planned before the change into the current cetury. We
are now in year 11, going on 12.

It was only really given the go ahead in 2008, and then in 2010 there
was a wait whilst the new government decided whether they wanted to
continue with it or not.

But if you want to start looking back, I'd suggest one could at least
Old November 28th 11, 10:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 28/11/2011 21:25, Mizter T wrote:

On Nov 28, 8:59 pm, Big wrote:

On Nov 27, 12:52 pm, "Paul
wrote: "Big wrote in message

Are you suggesting Crossrail has not yet started?

No what I am suggesting is that it has taken too long to deliver.

CrossRail was planned before the change into the current cetury. We
are now in year 11, going on 12.

It was only really given the go ahead in 2008, and then in 2010 there
was a wait whilst the new government decided whether they wanted to
continue with it or not.

But if you want to start looking back, I'd suggest one could at least

It is in the 1972 London Rail Study.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Old November 28th 11, 10:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2011\11\28 21:25, Mizter T wrote:

On Nov 28, 8:59 pm, Big wrote:

On Nov 27, 12:52 pm, "Paul
wrote: "Big wrote in message

Are you suggesting Crossrail has not yet started?

No what I am suggesting is that it has taken too long to deliver.

CrossRail was planned before the change into the current cetury. We
are now in year 11, going on 12.

It was only really given the go ahead in 2008, and then in 2010 there
was a wait whilst the new government decided whether they wanted to
continue with it or not.

But if you want to start looking back, I'd suggest one could at least

I thought it was originally suggested along with the Victoria Line in
the 1940s.

Old November 28th 11, 11:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 28, 10:15*pm, Basil Jet wrote:

On 2011\11\28 21:25, Mizter T wrote:

On Nov 28, 8:59 pm, Big *wrote:
[...]
No what I am suggesting is that it has taken too long to deliver.

CrossRail was planned before the change into the current cetury. We
are now in year 11, going on 12.

It was only really given the go ahead in 2008, and then in 2010 there
was a wait whilst the new government decided whether they wanted to
continue with it or not.

But if you want to start looking back, I'd suggest one could at least

I thought it was originally suggested along with the Victoria Line in
the 1940s.

Hence why "one could at least go back as far as the early 90's", the
intentional implication being that one could go back significantly
further too. The early 90's iteration was perhaps the one closest to
actually happening.