Old January 7th 04, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LUL staff - pay slips

Robin Mayes wrote:
"Kat" wrote in message

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

Last one is new to me;

It's the 'offical' name for the platform P.A. points

we don't have any of those (do we?) unless it's
that touch-screen thing with which you can frighten smokers in ten
different languages.

You mean those nice new shiny DVAs that allow us to bombard customers
with "Good services are operating" every 2 minutes?

Are you lot trying to beat the record for the largest number of acronyms in
a single thread? So far we've had SAP, HRS/SUTOR, AGR, RVP, HRSAP, LFB,
DVA.

Reminds me of the Company Announcement from HR (sorry, Personnel) that
announced an appointment to a new post of Director of XYZ (I forget the
actual acronym) without ever explaining what XYZ was. So I e-mailed the HR
Director, saying innocently that I didn't recognise that particular TLA.
And she replied "What's a TLA?"

--
Richard J.

Old January 7th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Richard J.
writes
Are you lot trying to beat the record for the largest number of acronyms in
a single thread? So far we've had SAP, HRS/SUTOR, AGR, RVP, HRSAP, LFB,
DVA.

Reminds me of the Company Announcement from HR (sorry, Personnel) that
announced an appointment to a new post of Director of XYZ (I forget the
actual acronym) without ever explaining what XYZ was. So I e-mailed the HR
Director, saying innocently that I didn't recognise that particular TLA.
And she replied "What's a TLA?"

LOL. Priceless...
Acronyms are one of the joys of the underground
(as I keep telling myself while safely locked in the GLAP )
I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 7th 04, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Kat
writes

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious... I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Unfortunately, 'using the intranet' has become a cover all for
everything LUL information these days. Not everybody has access to the
intranet, (drivers, at least, unless you are part of the Acton Town
experiment) so I for one never get to find these things out.
Old January 7th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message

I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.

I'll raise your little room to 3 floors of the Ivory Tower!

Old January 7th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
In message , Kat
writes

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious... I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Unfortunately, 'using the intranet' has become a cover all for
everything LUL information these days. Not everybody has access to the
intranet, (drivers, at least, unless you are part of the Acton Town
experiment) so I for one never get to find these things out.

I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above and
union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 7th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message

I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.

I'll raise your little room to 3 floors of the Ivory Tower!

How sad that they have to work in the lift.... we've got a nice little
room under the stairs on the w/b; I'll get the mice thrown out and
suggest it as a Good Idea.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 7th 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , Richard J.
writes
Are you lot trying to beat the record for the largest number of acronyms

in
a single thread? So far we've had SAP, HRS/SUTOR, AGR, RVP, HRSAP, LFB,
DVA.

Reminds me of the Company Announcement from HR (sorry, Personnel) that
announced an appointment to a new post of Director of XYZ (I forget the
actual acronym) without ever explaining what XYZ was. So I e-mailed the

HR
Director, saying innocently that I didn't recognise that particular TLA.
And she replied "What's a TLA?"

LOL. Priceless...
Acronyms are one of the joys of the underground
(as I keep telling myself while safely locked in the GLAP )
I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.

I got an e-mail today informing me that I had been booked onto some course
or the other. I was to present myself at the SFA on the first floor of
Ashfield House at 08:45 on the day concerned. After much scratching of the
head (wearing out what little hair remains I might add) I gave up and gave
L&D a ring. I was told that SFA stood for "Soft Furnishing Area" by someone
who couldn't see that "waiting room" or "waiting area" might just be a
little less opaque. At this point I gave a soft whimper and went back to the
standard DMT pastime of smacking my head with a shoe lifting paddle until it
was time to stop and go and get hog-whimperingly drunk.
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have

Old January 8th 04, 03:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

I got an e-mail today informing me that I had been booked onto some course
or the other. I was to present myself at the SFA on the first floor of
Ashfield House at 08:45 on the day concerned. After much scratching of the
head (wearing out what little hair remains I might add) I gave up and gave
L&D a ring. I was told that SFA stood for "Soft Furnishing Area" by someone
who couldn't see that "waiting room" or "waiting area" might just be a
little less opaque. At this point I gave a soft whimper and went back to the
standard DMT pastime of smacking my head with a shoe lifting paddle until it
was time to stop and go and get hog-whimperingly drunk.

I couldn't stop laughing at this last night when I thought it time to
get some sleep and even now at bleary-eyed sparrow fart it's still
making me laugh..
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 8th 04, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message
news
I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above and
union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.

Despite the fact I read somewhere on it that all staff can have an account,
subject to management authorising it...

You need to think of a project Kat, with your next P&D with your DSM. May I
suggest something like:

"Provide a business case for providing a GSCR and the raising of QSI and MSS
figures!" or "The conflict between SATS enforcing the PTI vs QSI
requirements"?

Old January 8th 04, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:01:42 -0000, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

"Kat" wrote in message
news
I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above and
union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.

Despite the fact I read somewhere on it that all staff can have an account,
subject to management authorising it...

You need to think of a project Kat, with your next P&D with your DSM. May I
suggest something like:

"Provide a business case for providing a GSCR and the raising of QSI and MSS
figures!" or "The conflict between SATS enforcing the PTI vs QSI
requirements"?

*chortle*

I'll provide the answers for a small consultancy fee ;-)
--
Paul C