Old January 8th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:01:42 -0000, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

"Kat" wrote in message
news
I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above and
union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.

Despite the fact I read somewhere on it that all staff can have an account,
subject to management authorising it...

You need to think of a project Kat, with your next P&D with your DSM. May I
suggest something like:

"Provide a business case for providing a GSCR and the raising of QSI and MSS
figures!" or "The conflict between SATS enforcing the PTI vs QSI
requirements"?

*chortle*

I'll provide the answers for a small consultancy fee ;-)

You'd need to come and do SATS during the evening peak to see the extent
of the problem.

And anyway do you really want to deprive me of something new to mystify
the DSMs with?
So far I've found a piece of paper with TURN OVER printed on both sides
keeps them occupied for hours....
;-)
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 8th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Kat) wrote:

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
In message , Kat
writes

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local

admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious... I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Unfortunately, 'using the intranet' has become a cover all for
everything LUL information these days. Not everybody has access to

the intranet, (drivers, at least, unless you are part of the Acton
Town experiment) so I for one never get to find these things out.

I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above
and union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

All I/Ops, or at least on the Northern Line, should have an e-mail address
and Intranet access. Whether they use it or not is another matter. I
assume it is the same on all lines. I've had mine since the 90's when it
used to be dial-in prior to the current network system being introduced.

What really annoys me with the Intranet is you can't find anything on it.
You eventually get the page you want, add it to the favourites and two
weeks later it's gone because they've changed the layout and location yet
again. Everybody complains about it and how hard it is to navigate. It
must be a ploy to keep everything hidden!

Roger
Old January 8th 04, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
"Provide a business case for providing a GSCR and the raising of QSI and MSS
figures!" or "The conflict between SATS enforcing the PTI vs QSI
requirements"?

*chortle*

I'll provide the answers for a small consultancy fee ;-)

You'd need to come and do SATS during the evening peak to see the extent
of the problem.

Is that an invite? I can imagine there is a great conflict at Mile End
between punctual departures, ensuring safety and not causing world war
three for yourself by not maintaining cross platform interchange between
the District and Central.

And anyway do you really want to deprive me of something new to mystify
the DSMs with?
So far I've found a piece of paper with TURN OVER printed on both sides
keeps them occupied for hours....
;-)

Oh dear - that's not a nice thing to say about your immediate
management.
--
Paul C

Old January 8th 04, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:
You'd need to come and do SATS during the evening peak to see the extent
of the problem.

Is that an invite? I can imagine there is a great conflict at Mile End
between punctual departures, ensuring safety and not causing world war
three for yourself by not maintaining cross platform interchange between
the District and Central.

That's true.
I've been trying to get Mile End seen as a special case for a while.
It's not the first time this issue has been raised here.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?R2CB11107

And anyway do you really want to deprive me of something new to mystify
the DSMs with?
So far I've found a piece of paper with TURN OVER printed on both sides
keeps them occupied for hours....
;-)

Oh dear - that's not a nice thing to say about your immediate
management.

Nor blondes either for that matter (that being a freely adapted *Blonde*
joke)

We have our job to do and they have theirs; on the whole we all rub
along well together.
I have nothing but praise for the way our management handled the
disruption on the Central early last year when our group was pretty much
the focus as the service was resumed. It was an interesting time for all
of us.
Just to set the record straight!
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 9th 04, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

All I/Ops, or at least on the Northern Line, should have an e-mail address
and Intranet access. Whether they use it or not is another matter. I
assume it is the same on all lines. I've had mine since the 90's when it
used to be dial-in prior to the current network system being introduced.

What really annoys me with the Intranet is you can't find anything on it.
You eventually get the page you want, add it to the favourites and two
weeks later it's gone because they've changed the layout and location yet
again. Everybody complains about it and how hard it is to navigate. It
must be a ploy to keep everything hidden!

Roger

Yup - we get them on the District too and is the standardmethod of
finding out what you're training duties are - at least that's the
theory.....

I agree 100% the Intranet - and I never have enough time
available to *really* get into it - all I can grab is a few minutes
(usually in my own time)and then, as you say Roger, by the time you
next use it, it's all changed!

I suspect the ploy is that some otherwise underemployed IT type spends
his life fiddling with it to appear gainfully occupied!

Old January 9th 04, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , District
Dave writes
I agree 100% the Intranet - and I never have enough time
available to *really* get into it - all I can grab is a few minutes
(usually in my own time)and then, as you say Roger, by the time you
next use it, it's all changed!

I suspect the ploy is that some otherwise underemployed IT type spends
his life fiddling with it to appear gainfully occupied!

You have incoming.

--
Bob Adams (email to )