Old January 6th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LUL staff - pay slips

I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

In a related issue, was the Northern Line the only line to be completely
shagged by the new SAP system which took over from HRS/SUTOR or whatever
it was called last? Caused absolute chaos with nobody knowing what duties
they were supposed to be doing.

Roger

Old January 6th 04, 10:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message ,
writes
I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank

holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

Yes, I noticed that too. Didn't worry too much as I still got paid
roughly what I expected. Mind you, the new font is bloody small!

In a related issue, was the Northern Line the only line to be completely
shagged by the new SAP system which took over from HRS/SUTOR or whatever
it was called last? Caused absolute chaos with nobody knowing what duties
they were supposed to be doing.

I think the most accurate discription of SAP would be "Unmitigated disaster"

From the conversation I heard this afternoon at AGR booking on point,
it's still an ongoing issue. They were, apparently, pleasantly
surprised that someone booked on for duties that appeared to be
uncovered. (Perhaps SD of this parish might like to elucidate, as I saw
him wandering about there today :-))

The way the coverage is at Arnos these days Steve, we're always glad of an
extra body...:-) Of course it tends to mean that somewhere we've got a train
looking for a driver...
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have

Old January 7th 04, 01:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

From the conversation I heard this afternoon at AGR booking on point,
it's still an ongoing issue. They were, apparently, pleasantly
surprised that someone booked on for duties that appeared to be
uncovered. (Perhaps SD of this parish might like to elucidate, as I saw
him wandering about there today :-))

The way the coverage is at Arnos these days Steve, we're always glad of an
extra body...:-) Of course it tends to mean that somewhere we've got a train
looking for a driver...

In which case, I'm happy to offer my services from next Thursday :-)
Old January 7th 04, 05:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Old January 7th 04, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

wrote in message
I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious... I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 7th 04, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious...

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Woohoo! I've pulled ;-)

Old January 7th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious...

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

Last one is new to me; we don't have any of those (do we?) unless it's
that touch-screen thing with which you can frighten smokers in ten
different languages.
Don't you remember those nicely printed and totally obscure leaflets
which arrived telling us how good HRSAP is, now it's been changed?
It took us a long time to find out what it meant and even then we were
still mystified.

I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Woohoo! I've pulled ;-)

And in better time than LFB..
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 7th 04, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

Last one is new to me;

It's the 'offical' name for the platform P.A. points

we don't have any of those (do we?) unless it's
that touch-screen thing with which you can frighten smokers in ten
different languages.

You mean those nice new shiny DVAs that allow us to bombard customers with
"Good services are operating" every 2 minutes?

Don't you remember those nicely printed and totally obscure leaflets
which arrived telling us how good HRSAP is, now it's been changed?
It took us a long time to find out what it meant and even then we were
still mystified.

Having been about since before signal control centres and OPO only on the
District I'm just cynical when they tell us "this new system is wonderful
and will work properly straight away". Thinks about the '92 stock,
especially the fun days at Oxford Cirus resetting tripcocks with a paddle!

"Electricity, it'll never last!" as my Grandmother said.

Old January 7th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message
You mean those nice new shiny DVAs that allow us to bombard customers with
"Good services are operating" every 2 minutes?

Yes, them.
But did you know that judicious use of the radio-mike (whose proper
appellation escapes me at present) can edit those with quite interesting
results..

Don't you remember those nicely printed and totally obscure leaflets
which arrived telling us how good HRSAP is, now it's been changed?
It took us a long time to find out what it meant and even then we were
still mystified.

Having been about since before signal control centres and OPO only on the
District I'm just cynical when they tell us "this new system is wonderful
and will work properly straight away". Thinks about the '92 stock,
especially the fun days at Oxford Cirus resetting tripcocks with a paddle!

And a gravy boat?

"Electricity, it'll never last!" as my Grandmother said.

ROFL,
So you don't know what it means either...
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.