Old January 8th 04, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Morden via the Bank

I'm sitting on a train which has just this moment departed Camden Town
to run to Morden via the Bank.

What's unusual about that? I hear you ask.

Well, this is the train that I've just ridden from Finchley Central.
Such trains have, since the re-opening, always run via Charing Cross. I
even got off this one, but luckily I glanced at the signal repeater on
the way to the connecting passage, and spotted the white bar.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old January 8th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Clive D. W. Feather
writes
I'm sitting on a train which has just this moment departed Camden Town to run
to Morden via the Bank.

What's unusual about that? I hear you ask.

Well, this is the train that I've just ridden from Finchley Central. Such trains
have, since the re-opening, always run via Charing Cross. I even got off this
one, but luckily I glanced at the signal repeater on the way to the connecting
passage, and spotted the white bar.

I'm not sure what impresses me the most. Your signal spotting or the
fact that you can post whilst in a Northern Line tunnel?

--
Bob Adams (email to )

Old January 9th 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Adams wrote in message news:
I'm not sure what impresses me the most. Your signal spotting or the
fact that you can post whilst in a Northern Line tunnel?

Clive composes offline. Still impressive though!

--
Steph
Old January 9th 04, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message ...
I'm sitting on a train which has just this moment departed Camden Town
to run to Morden via the Bank.

What's unusual about that? I hear you ask.

Well, this is the train that I've just ridden from Finchley Central.
Such trains have, since the re-opening, always run via Charing Cross. I
even got off this one, but luckily I glanced at the signal repeater on
the way to the connecting passage, and spotted the white bar.

Got one that did that weeks ago. I think that some trains are being
diverted ad-hoc to the Bank branch when heading south from Barnet. The
route has always been available, it's only the northbound route that
was actually closed as a result of the derailment.

I guess that publicising the fact would only confuse people

Old January 13th 04, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Bob Adams
writes
I'm not sure what impresses me the most. Your signal spotting or the
fact that you can post whilst in a Northern Line tunnel?

As someone said, I write the postings offline and they get transmitted
when I next connect to the net.

As for the signal spotting, the unreliability of the platform indicators
on the Northern Line, combined with operational changes, means that you
should *always* check the indicator at Camden Town to see where the
train is going. Particularly when you only have a few minutes spare to
change to the main-line at King's Cross.