Old January 9th 04, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom

Default Oystercard helpline - non-geographic equivalent?

I'm looking for a non-geographic equivalent of 0845 330 9876.

If they are going to keep me on hold for hours at a time I don't want
to pay for the privilege!

TIA,
Steph

Old January 10th 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom
Joe Joe is offline

"Stickems" wrote in message
Don't you mean geographic equivalent?

Thats why she corrected herself
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old January 11th 04, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom

I phoned the helpline yesterday(Saturday) at 17.00 and was only second in
the queue. However when I spoke to someone I was informed that there
information is 24 hours out of date so of no use to me. If you have a
problem remember to wait 24 hours before call.

Old January 12th 04, 02:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:34:24 +0000, Dave Newt
wrote:

Jason wrote:

On 9 Jan 2004 10:23:31 -0800, (Steph Davies)
wrote:

I'm looking for a non-geographic equivalent of 0845 330 9876.

If they are going to keep me on hold for hours at a time I don't want
to pay for the privilege!

There's also an option to press 1 (or something) to be called back by
the next staff member.

Do they actually bother phoning people back now? They never did me...

Yes - as of last Friday they were!

Cheers,

Jason.