Old January 15th 04, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Maximum value on Oyster Pre-Pay

Any idea what the maximum value is that can be placed on an Oyster
Pre-Pay?

http://sales.oystercard.com allows one to "buy up to £50 Pre Pay for
your Oyster card"

At Blackhorse Road, staff refused to add more than £80.

Cheers,

Jason.

Old January 15th 04, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jason" wrote in message
Any idea what the maximum value is that can be placed on an Oyster
Pre-Pay?

£90 - listed on http://www.oystercard.com/buy_1_4.php

Regards
Sunil

Old January 16th 04, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

The maximum is £90 but the ticket machine can only process up to £50 in one
transaction. So just do it twice.

Old January 16th 04, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Old January 16th 04, 03:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:42:28 -0000, "Anon"
wrote:

The maximum is £90 but the ticket machine can only process up to £50 in one
transaction. So just do it twice.

It original question by me was more about how many Customer Charter
refund vouchers I could convert into Pre-Pay currency.

But I didn't say that, so you weren't to know. :-)

Cheers,

Jason.

Old January 16th 04, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Anon" wrote in message ...
The maximum is £90 but the ticket machine can only process up to £50 in one
transaction. So just do it twice.

Why £90? Why not £100?

Brad
Old January 23rd 04, 07:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
"Anon" wrote in message ...

The maximum is £90 but the ticket machine can only process up to £50 in one
transaction. So just do it twice.

Why £90? Why not £100?

Brad

EU / FSA rules about e-money purse size?

I don't have any specific URLs to back it up, but nochex has a similar
cap of £90