London Banter

-   -   Another LU Jobsworth (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12899-another-lu-jobsworth.html)

[email protected][_2_] February 9th 12 03:13 PM

Another LU Jobsworth

The other day I left my Oyster at home and bought one from the ticket
window for cash
When I tried to return it to the same chap next day I was told that it
could not be refunded unless it was registered there and then. ( He
stated that management had ordained this)
Subsequently I took it to another ticket office elsewhere where the
money was returned without further ado. Another station also told me
he would have had no problem.
Wishing to clarify for next time I rang the Oyster help line who said
it was perfectly in order to return cash without registration.
I then invited Johnny Jobsworth to ring the Oyster Help line as an
ordinary Member of Public and see what they told him so he could
address this discrepancy with his management
2 weeks later I asked him if he had done so so he could stop wasting
his and his customers time.
Guess what he had not rung them!
I wonder if it is the same jobsworth.
I also wonder if he is one of the complainers who say how horrible the
general public are.