Old March 11th 12, 12:31 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

Default Full hybrid buses

Hey all,

I was on one of the new hybrid buses on route 12, the ones where the
internal combustion engine shuts down at bus stops and/or traffic signals.

I think the NB4L vehicles on the 38 also did this, but the ambient noise
(the bus' a/c???) was quite loud, so I couldn't tell for sure.

Are these two routes the only ones that run like this?

PEACE!

--
"It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

Old March 11th 12, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On 11/03/2012 13:31, Ernesto wrote:
Hey all,

I was on one of the new hybrid buses on route 12, the ones where the
internal combustion engine shuts down at bus stops and/or traffic signals.

I think the NB4L vehicles on the 38 also did this, but the ambient noise
(the bus' a/c???) was quite loud, so I couldn't tell for sure.

Are these two routes the only ones that run like this?

PEACE!

21, 141 and 76 also run with hybrids, IIRC.
Old March 11th 12, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

wrote in message
On 11/03/2012 13:31, Ernesto wrote:
Hey all,

I was on one of the new hybrid buses on route 12, the ones where the
internal combustion engine shuts down at bus stops and/or traffic
signals.

I think the NB4L vehicles on the 38 also did this, but the ambient noise
(the bus' a/c???) was quite loud, so I couldn't tell for sure.

Are these two routes the only ones that run like this?

PEACE!

21, 141 and 76 also run with hybrids, IIRC.

As do 17, 26, 20,20A.

But I suppose it rather depends which town you are in. )

Old March 11th 12, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On Mar 11, 5:40*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:08:04 +0000, "
wrote:

On 11/03/2012 13:31, Ernesto wrote:
I was on one of the new hybrid buses on route 12, the ones where the
internal combustion engine shuts down at bus stops and/or traffic signals.

I think the NB4L vehicles on the 38 also did this, but the ambient noise
(the bus' a/c???) was quite loud, so I couldn't tell for sure.

Are these two routes the only ones that run like this?

21, 141 and 76 also run with hybrids, IIRC.

The TfL 21 does not use hybrids.

Indeed.

Further info here...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...emes/2019.aspx

---quote---
Hybrid buses in use

There are 225 diesel-electric hybrid buses in London, running on
routes 3, 12, 15, 16, 24, 76, 94, R70, 139, 141, 149, 380, 328, 360,
371, H91, E8, 73, 436 and 188.

The 225 hybrid buses operating in London are split between 7 bus
operating companies and 10 different types of hybrid buses.
---/quote---

Hybrid buses get a big thumbs up from me.
Old March 12th 12, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
Mizter T wrote:
Hybrid buses in use

There are 225 diesel-electric hybrid buses in London, running on
routes 3, 12, 15, 16, 24, 76, 94, R70, 139, 141, 149, 380, 328, 360,
371, H91, E8, 73, 436 and 188.

The 225 hybrid buses operating in London are split between 7 bus
operating companies and 10 different types of hybrid buses.
---/quote---

Hybrid buses get a big thumbs up from me.

On a related note , what happened to those hydrogen buses that were plying
their trade around central london about 8 years back and that Mayor Ken made
such a big deal about at the time? Were they sold, scrapped, or just left in a
depot to rot?

B2003

Old March 12th 12, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:44:14 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:
On a related note , what happened to those hydrogen buses that were plying
their trade around central london about 8 years back and that Mayor Ken made
such a big deal about at the time? Were they sold, scrapped, or just left in a

They are running on RV1:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...hemes/8444.asp
Old March 12th 12, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:55:50 +0000
Graeme Wall wrote:
On a related note , what happened to those hydrogen buses that were plying
their trade around central london about 8 years back and that Mayor Ken made
such a big deal about at the time? Were they sold, scrapped, or just left in

depot to rot?

Presumably they could have been converted back to conventional fuel. We

Doubt it, AFAIR they used a fuel cell, not just a piston engine running on
hydrogen.

B2003

Old March 12th 12, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On 12/03/2012 10:23, David Walters wrote:
On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:44:14 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:
On a related note , what happened to those hydrogen buses that were plying
their trade around central london about 8 years back and that Mayor Ken made
such a big deal about at the time? Were they sold, scrapped, or just left in a

They are running on RV1:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...hemes/8444.asp

Page Not Found

--