Old January 19th 04, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Northern Line Timetable 48

TT48 is due to resume on the Northern Line on Sunday 1 February unless
there are any last minute hitches. This is the timetable that was in
service prior to the derailment at Camden Town. There will then be a
normal service from all branches through the City and CX.

Roger

Old January 20th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote:
TT48 is due to resume on the Northern Line on Sunday 1 February
unless there are any last minute hitches. This is the timetable
that was in service prior to the derailment at Camden Town. There
will then be a normal service from all branches through the City
and CX.

Do you know what has been done to the track and/or trains to
eliminate the
risk of another derailment at the relevant set of points?

No idea.
I assume that the original set of points were replaced as they were
damaged. Nothing has been done to the trains as far as I know. You
would have to read the interim report for the reasons for the
derailment and what actions were recommended (other places as well as
Camden Town were identified as possible problem areas) because I
can't remember everything it said.

Obviously the area will have been fully checked and certified as OK
and will have satisfied HMRI before being brought back into service.

IIRC the interim report couldn't identify the reasons for the derailment.
Personally, if I were a Northern Line train op, I would want to know what
had been changed before driving over those points. Remember that nothing
was found wrong with the points or the train or the way it was being
driven, and the derailment occurred at only 20 mph.
--
Richard J.

Old January 20th 04, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Richard J. wrote:
IIRC the interim report couldn't identify the reasons for the derailment.

IIRC they had identified a (very probable) cause. They didn't say
"this is it" becasue they hadn't checked everything else out. The
probable cause was a design problem on the points, which only occured
when a whole slew of things happened (including: points after sharp curve,
specific co-efficent of friction between wheels and track etc);

Personally, if I were a Northern Line train op, I would want to know what
had been changed before driving over those points. Remember that nothing
was found wrong with the points or the train or the way it was being
driven, and the derailment occurred at only 20 mph.

I'd want to know that The Powers That Be knew, and had done the
Right Thing. I would probably trust the Union Health & Safety Rep's
advice.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.