Old January 21st 04, 06:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Which Station from Heathrow?

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...
There's another way of looking at this. Take the coach from the central
bus station to Watford Junction (one station out of London for the Chester

The Watford route would be good if they are carrying a lot of luggage, it's
a short walk from the bus to the station and whilst there is a flight of
steps up to the main northbound platform there are lifts available...

Old January 24th 04, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:52:20 +0000, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

In article , Paul Terry
writes
The most direct tube route is Piccadilly line from Heathrow and change
to the Victoria line at Green Park. The interchange there is all
underground but it is not ideal if you are carrying a lot of luggage.
An alternative would be to transfer to the Northern line at Leicester
Square - but the Northern can get very crowded at some times of day!

A third option would be to change at King's Cross St.Pancras. The
journey will be a bit longer, but the change will be rather simpler - a
short escalator from platform level to platform level.

And a forth would be to use the bus link to Watford Junction and catch
your train to Chester there. No underground involved at all.
Old January 24th 04, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry writes:
If you have ample transfer time it may be worth considering taking
the airbus which runs directly from all four terminals at Heathrow
to Euston ...

Does the Airbus still operate? I looked for details recently via the
Heathrow Airport web site, but all I could seem to find was a reference
to National Express, and on their site, services to Victoria Coach
Station. But I may have missed something, as the web sites didn't
work well with the browser I was using.
--
Mark Brader | "The good news is that the Internet is dynamic.
Toronto | The bad news is that the Internet is dynamic."

Old January 25th 04, 12:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mark Brader wrote:
Paul Terry writes:
If you have ample transfer time it may be worth considering taking
the airbus which runs directly from all four terminals at Heathrow
to Euston ...

Does the Airbus still operate? I looked for details recently via the
Heathrow Airport web site, but all I could seem to find was a
reference to National Express, and on their site, services to
Victoria Coach Station. But I may have missed something, as the web
sites didn't work well with the browser I was using.

It's another site that doesn't want to show you a timetable. As far as I
know, the only services branded as Airbus are the A2 between Heathrow and
King's Cross, and the A6 between Stansted and Victoria.
--
Richard J.

Old January 25th 04, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:29:52 +0000, Richard J. wrote:

It's another site that doesn't want to show you a timetable. As far as I
know, the only services branded as Airbus are the A2 between Heathrow and
King's Cross, and the A6 between Stansted and Victoria.

I think the Airbus branding has gone completely, to be replaced with
"National Express Airport". This is confusing, as the book-in-advance (I
think) NatEx FlightLinks services have also gained this branding.

Neil

Which UK railway station names do you feel are anomalous? [email protected] London Transport 53 January 15th 14 01:53 AM
Which train/subway station sold photo ID cards in 1989 Thumper London Transport 5 April 24th 10 06:28 PM
Which station? And is this more reliable? elyob London Transport 2 September 26th 07 09:46 AM
Which tube station? London Transport 35 April 24th 07 06:05 PM
Which bus-stop is best? Which is worst? Sir Benjamin Nunn London Transport 0 September 16th 04 11:30 AM