Old January 22nd 04, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default West London Line...... Chelsea station

Does anyone know when the new Chlsea and shepherd bush stations are to
be opened on the WEST LONDON LINE from Wilesdon to clapham, via
kensington....

Thank you

Old January 22nd 04, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Matthew Anghi" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know when the new Chlsea and Shepherd's Bush stations are to
be opened on the WEST LONDON LINE from Wilesdon to clapham, via
kensington....

Is it definite that these stations WILL be reopened? Has construction
actually started? If so, where exactly (map refs) will the stations be? I
thought that the TOC that operates the stopping trains on this line said
that they couldn't open many more stations while keeping the existing
timetable and therefore pathing arrangements.

By the way, does anyone know how Shepherd's Bush district got its name?
Named after a pub, maybe, but how did *that* get its name?

Old January 22nd 04, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message
s.com...

By the way, does anyone know how Shepherd's Bush district got its name?
Named after a pub, maybe, but how did *that* get its name?

This may help

http://www.malory.com/md/shepherd.htm

Ian

Old January 22nd 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

There is absolutely NO certainty that the much-vaunted "Chelsea" (i.e,. Chelsea
Harbour) station will ever be built.

This was a trick by the developers (St. George) and used as a bribe to the
treacherous council (London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham) in order to get
planning consent for the massively over-dense and traffic-generating and
road-gridlock-inducing development, from which everyone living in this part of
Fulham is now suffering.

Originally the council was vehemently opposed to the development (and supported
the residents who were opposed to the road traffic and others detriments that
this massive Chelsea Harbour Mark 2 would cause - now being built all along
Townmead Road) but a few bribes by St. George (like the promise of said railway
station, and some cheap homes for council-allocation) and the council performed
a 180 degree maneouvre and granted planning consent.

Not even a scintilla of a sign of the station being built - some 6 or so year
later!

I'd be willing to bet the value of my now much-devalued house on this station
NEVER being built.

Marc.

Old January 22nd 04, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
A H A H is offline

"Mait001" wrote in message
There is absolutely NO certainty that the much-vaunted "Chelsea" (i.e,.

Chelsea
Harbour) station will ever be built.

This was a trick by the developers (St. George) and used as a bribe to

the
treacherous council (London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham) in order to

get
planning consent for the massively over-dense and traffic-generating and
road-gridlock-inducing development, from which everyone living in this

part of
Fulham is now suffering.

Typical St George, they massively over-develop and throw up hideously ugly
buildings, look at what's being thrown up at Vauxhall Cross........... I
like tall buildings but every time I pass their efforts at Vauxhall, and
also Chelsea Harbour Mark II, I feel sick (and very angry). They should not
be allowed to infect the London skyline with their crap.

Originally the council was vehemently opposed to the development (and

supported
the residents who were opposed to the road traffic and others detriments

that
this massive Chelsea Harbour Mark 2 would cause - now being built all

along
Townmead Road) but a few bribes by St. George (like the promise of said

railway
station, and some cheap homes for council-allocation) and the council

performed
a 180 degree maneouvre and granted planning consent.

Scandalous!

Not even a scintilla of a sign of the station being built - some 6 or so

year
later!

I'd be willing to bet the value of my now much-devalued house on this

station
NEVER being built.

In which case the expensive-to-London-taxpayers GLA should justify it's
existence by doing something about this vile company.....They should not be
allowed to deface London any longer.

Old January 22nd 04, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mait001
writes

There is absolutely NO certainty that the much-vaunted "Chelsea" (i.e,. Chelsea
Harbour) station will ever be built.

(...)

Not even a scintilla of a sign of the station being built - some 6 or so year
later!

Since the planned completion date is June 2006 I'm not entirely
surprised that work has not yet started:

http://www.circadian-uk.com/ld_3/n_spr_2003.pdf

I'd be willing to bet the value of my now much-devalued house on this station
NEVER being built.

What odds are you offering?

--
Paul Terry
Old January 22nd 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

writes

There is absolutely NO certainty that the much-vaunted "Chelsea" (i.e,.

Chelsea
Harbour) station will ever be built.

(...)

Not even a scintilla of a sign of the station being built - some 6 or so

year
later!

Since the planned completion date is June 2006 I'm not entirely
surprised that work has not yet started:

So, they can't even keep their bribe consistent: the bribe (and guarantee given
to residents at countless public meetings) was that the station would be up and
running BEFORE the massive influx of road traffic would be generated. Well, the
traffic is already here now, and we are now told that completion will be in
2006! I'm not holding my breath.

And, don't be fooled by the council's assertion that the money for the station
is ring-fenced in some bank account somewhere. That's about as trustworthy at
Blur's promise not to introduce University tuition fees. I'll eat my hat if,
one day, that money (if it exists) is used by the council for some other
"transport scheme" - in the same way they used the insurance money from a local
park's burnt down pavilion for other purposes quite unconnected with the
replacement of the pavilion.

Just about as trustworthy as that other great Labour man's pledge: to keep
Routemaster buses in London! Well, for those of you who don't know, this year
will see the last public service Routemasters in London. Something to ask Ken
and his cronies when they come canvassing later this year?

Marc.

Old January 23rd 04, 11:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"A H" wrote in message ...
Typical St George, they massively over-develop and throw up hideously ugly
buildings, look at what's being thrown up at Vauxhall Cross........... I
like tall buildings but every time I pass their efforts at Vauxhall, and
also Chelsea Harbour Mark II, I feel sick (and very angry). They should not
be allowed to infect the London skyline with their crap.

They are currently proposing a big (over)development at Kew Bridge.

Robin

Old January 24th 04, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mait001
writes

in the same way they used the insurance money from a local
park's burnt down pavilion for other purposes quite unconnected with the
replacement of the pavilion.

Which park is that?

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google