Old October 1st 12, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Paddington to Gerrards Cross parliamentary train

Probably a bit late to post this but tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm aiming to
get the 11.36 'ghost train' from Paddington to Gerrards Cross, as
featured in this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-6279103.html

The question I wanted to ask, apart from if it's still running, is what
type of stock runs the journey?
(I'd like to open a window and take photos through the window (with a
very small camera obviously) but this is not possible with the newer
air-conditioned trains, as there are no windows that open.)

Cheers

Old October 2nd 12, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2012-10-01 22:56, Subterraneo wrote:
Probably a bit late to post this but tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm aiming to
get the 11.36 'ghost train' from Paddington to Gerrards Cross, as
featured in this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-6279103.html

The question I wanted to ask, apart from if it's still running, is what
type of stock runs the journey?
(I'd like to open a window and take photos through the window (with a
very small camera obviously) but this is not possible with the newer
air-conditioned trains, as there are no windows that open.)

According to PSUL it has run only as far as West Ruislip since May. This
is corroborated by Chiltern's timetable. There's a 1044 from GER to PAD.

My (only-a-)guess is it will be a 165, ISTR these having opening windows.

That's brilliant, thank you!
Old October 2nd 12, 12:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 01/10/2012 22:56, Subterraneo wrote:

The question I wanted to ask, apart from if it's still running, is what
type of stock runs the journey?

It'll almost certainly be a Chiltern Class 165/0, so no opening windows
except in the cabs I'm afraid. Could also be a Class 168 or 172/1, with
the same lack of opening windows, though it's unlikely.

It should be noted, however, that if no Guard is available it may be
cancelled completely or diverted into Marylebone.

Current schedule is 1V28 1044SX Gerrards Cross - Paddington, calling at
Denham and West Ruislip; then 2M24 11:36SX Paddington - West Ruislip,
calling at South Ruislip.

The corresponding ECS workings are 5G19 10:00SX Wembley LMD - Gerrards
Cross (via Turnback Siding) and 5H33 12:22SX West Ruislip - Marylebone.

Cheers,

Barry

Old October 2nd 12, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 01/10/2012 22:56, Subterraneo wrote:
Probably a bit late to post this but tomorrow (Tuesday) I'm aiming to
get the 11.36 'ghost train' from Paddington to Gerrards Cross, as
featured in this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-6279103.html

The question I wanted to ask, apart from if it's still running, is what
type of stock runs the journey?
(I'd like to open a window and take photos through the window (with a
very small camera obviously) but this is not possible with the newer
air-conditioned trains, as there are no windows that open.)

Cheers

I was on it. It was a 165 and terminated at West Ruislip. The driver
checked everyone was off the train, but one individual seems to have
persuaded him to let him stay for the journey back towards London. It
left at 12:44.
MikeR
Old October 2nd 12, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 02/10/2012 16:56, Mike Roberts wrote:
[...]

Er, I wasn't on it. Whatever marbles I have left seem to be disappearing
rapidly. I remembered to put the camera battery on charge but not to put
the battery back in the camera. Fortunately, I was only halfway there
when I realised.

Will try again tomorrow. Maybe this time I'll head out with a battery
but no camera!