London Banter

-   -   Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13314-drivers-telling-passengers-use-emergency.html)

Portsmouth Rider November 26th 12 05:37 PM

Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Portsmouth Rider" wrote in message news:...

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message
On 26/11/2012 17:03, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 26/11/2012 15:37, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
15:14:23 on Mon, 26 Nov 2012, Portsmouth Rider
remarked:
I can imagine our Roland stopping on a nice straight road, on a bus
stop (no
layby!) when a bus comes along, and stops next to his car, with the
front of
the bus close to the kerb in front of his cae, back of the bus close
to the
kerb behind his car, and middle of the bus out in the middle of the
road
next to his car.

Just reread that, triple articulated bendy-bus I assume?

No. Just single normal articulated.

Sequence is:
Approach miscreant car about 1'6" clearance
Watch mirror covering centre door
As soon as miscreant car shows through glass in centre door, full lock
left
Front of bus goes left
Middle of bus goes right (tailswing of front part with respect to centre
axle) taking front of back part right
Back of bus goes left nearly, but not QUITE as much, as front of bus.

Miscreant car is now caught in "V" thus formed.

Bus driver does crossword, has cup of tea out of flask, reads paper till
its time to ge

On departu
Full right lock without moving (don't tell the tyre fitters)
Drive forward
Front of bus goes right
Middle goes left
Back goes right

Straighten up when both halves of bus are in line.

Gives miscreant car driver the collywobbles!!!

__
PR