Old January 26th 13, 01:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo & City special service Sat 26 and Sun 27 January 2013

I have just noticed:
"Waterloo & City A special service with extended opening hours will
operate on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January. Trains operate between
0800 and 2200 Saturday and 1000 and 2000 Sunday"
It did not appear on the Planned Works Calendar http://www.tfl.gov.uk/l
ivetravelnews/planned-works/calendar/default.aspx on 24 Jan and was not
in engineering announcements on 25 Jan.

The operator at London Underground Customer Services was surprised by
it, but found out, from Supervisor Staff at Bank/Monument, that it was
remedial action for "Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January, no service
between Edgware, East Finchley and Kennington via Bank and between
Edgware, East Finchley and Charing Cross."

No repeat is scheduled in the next 3 months.

I would have expected more publicity.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old January 27th 13, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:50:15 +0000, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

I have just noticed:
"Waterloo & City A special service with extended opening hours will
operate on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January. Trains operate between
0800 and 2200 Saturday and 1000 and 2000 Sunday"
It did not appear on the Planned Works Calendar

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/l
ivetravelnews/planned-works/calendar/default.aspx on 24 Jan and was not
in engineering announcements on 25 Jan.

The operator at London Underground Customer Services was surprised by
it, but found out, from Supervisor Staff at Bank/Monument, that it was
remedial action for "Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January, no service
between Edgware, East Finchley and Kennington via Bank and between
Edgware, East Finchley and Charing Cross."

No repeat is scheduled in the next 3 months.

I would have expected more publicity.

It was certainly referenced in the TfL E Mail that comes every week
about weekend engineering works. That E Mail is sent out just because
I happen to have registered my Oyster card rather than specifically
asking for the weekly eng wks info.

Really? My Oyster is registered but I get no engineering works emails.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 27th 13, 12:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I get the email, but I think I signed up for it, rather than getting it
through registering my Oyster cards.
Old January 27th 13, 01:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Jan, 00:20, wrote:
In article ,

wrote:

[...]

You can opt in via the 'My Account' page of your online account.
Old January 27th 13, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Sat, 26 Jan
2013 15:26:40 in uk.transport.london, Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:

[...]

You are right. It is in the email, sent on Thursday, which says:
Northern line
There is no service this weekend between Charing Cross and East
Finchley/Edgware as well as between Kennington and East
Finchley/Edgware via Bank. This is to allow for line upgrade work and
station improvement work at Tottenham Court Road.

The Waterloo & City line will run extended hours on Saturday from 08:00
- 22:00 and on Sunday from 10:00 - 20:00 to help travel via the City.

Piccadilly line

At about 18:00 on Sunday, the W&C status changed to "Good Service".

"Good Service" seems to have 2 meanings:
1) A good service is running;
2) No service is timetabled.

http://cloud.tfl.gov.uk/TrackerNet/PredictionDetailed/W/BNK suggested
the service had gone about 18:30.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old January 27th 13, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

I saw the Drain's service status on Friday listed as 'Special Service.'
Old January 29th 13, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message

wrote

I have just noticed:
"Waterloo & City A special service with extended opening hours

will
operate on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January. Trains operate

between
0800 and 2200 Saturday and 1000 and 2000 Sunday"

When did the W&C last operate on a Sunday ?

During the Olympics.

Rumours are that this will become a permanent arrangement this summer.

Peter Smyth

Old January 29th 13, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth wrote:

I have just noticed:
"Waterloo & City A special service with extended opening hours will
operate on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January. Trains operate between
0800 and 2200 Saturday and 1000 and 2000 Sunday"

When did the W&C last operate on a Sunday ?

During the Olympics.

Rumours are that this will become a permanent arrangement this summer.

Here's hoping. I've often found the lack of a W&C a real pain when the
Jubilee is down on Sundays or in the evenings. Neither Oxford Circus nor
Tottenham Court Road are particularly easy interchanges between the Central
and Waterloo-bound lines when tourist crushed.

--
My blog: http://adf.ly/4hi4c

Old January 29th 13, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29/01/2013 11:18, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

Rumours are that this will become a permanent arrangement this summer.

Here's hoping. I've often found the lack of a W&C a real pain when the
Jubilee is down on Sundays or in the evenings. Neither Oxford Circus nor
Tottenham Court Road are particularly easy interchanges between the Central
and Waterloo-bound lines when tourist crushed.

Would be nice if they could provide the full weekday service before
worrying about Sundays.
Queues back beyond the top of the ramps at Waterloo at 9am today, which
usually means at least one train out of service.
Who on earth thought running a timetable that required 100% availability
was a good idea?