Old March 31st 13, 01:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Drilling breach into F Park - Moorgate tunnels

On 15/03/2013 00:42, Denis McMahon wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:53:08 -0700, D7666 wrote:

Doubtless the RAIB report will in due time,

I'm not sure this incident is necessarily in the RAIBs domain. They may
well have been notified, but I'm not sure they would follow it up.
Indeed its not listed on the RAIB web site as a current investigation.

It falls into the category of the line becoming obstructed as a result of
activities taking place outside the railway boundary. The RAIB often
investigates incidents that are deemed to have occurred as a reuslt of
things happening outside the railway boundary.

There was a near miss with the cautioned train doing the line inspection.
If the initial report had not been made, there could have been a near
miss with a passenger service, or even a collision or derailment of the
latter. The RAIB often investigates near miss incidents.

I don't see anything which disqualifies RAIB from having an interest,
even if their report just ends up making recommendations to external
bodies relating to the planning process. It is also possible that someone
somewhere had just overlooked the fact that tube trains aren't the only
trains running under London in tunnels.

Also, the RAIB website seems to take up to a month (although usually 2 -
3 weeks) to indicate that an investigation has started.

The RAIB announced on 27 March that they are investigating the incident.
http://www.raib.gov.uk/publications/...et_station.cfm
--
Richard J.