Old April 27th 13, 11:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default ITSO on Prestige progress

ITSO on Prestige has finally made some progress. Weekly and monthly
seasons on Southern's Key card can now be purchased to Coulsdon South
and Purley at Southern TVMs, and the gatelines at these two have been
updated to read ITSO cards as well as Oyster cards. As usual, the TVMs
don't seem to read any other ITSO cards, even including other Key
cards.

Southern's TVMs outside London also offer the ability to load single
tickets starting at other stations, including those in other smartcard
schemes. I managed to add a CDR from Staines to Datchet and a single
from Mansfield to Mansfield Woodhouse to my Southern Key card. Whether
these etickets would be accepted for travel is an interesting
question..

Old April 28th 13, 07:41 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 00:33:23 on
Sun, 28 Apr 2013, Matthew Dickinson
remarked:
Southern's TVMs outside London also offer the ability to load single
tickets starting at other stations, including those in other smartcard
schemes. I managed to add a CDR from Staines to Datchet and a single
from Mansfield to Mansfield Woodhouse to my Southern Key card.

The latter is interesting, because I think it's the cheapest ticket
available on the EMT ITSO-TVM menus. I was wondering about using it
myself as a test.

(hmm, the prospect of a brand new ukr virtual meet beckons, for ITSO
equipped members only. That'll mess up the ticket buying stats!).

Whether these etickets would be accepted for travel is an interesting
question..

Only if you arrive at Mansfield on a flying pig, and can manage to touch
your "Southern the Key" on the "EMT-Stagecoach" validator without
dismounting.