Old August 28th 13, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New platform at Blake Hall?

... and said, 'Who the f**k are you?'

Are you male or female

Definitely a very funny comment, Basil.

Old August 28th 13, 08:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 26/08/2013 23:56, Recliner wrote:
" wrote:
On 26/08/2013 19:56, Recliner wrote:
"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:
I finally took a trip on the Epping-Ongar Railway today. All in all quite a
pleasant experience.

When passing the old Blake Hall station I noticed there seemed to be a new
short platform in place - is the EOR planning to reactivate the station, is
the owner of the building after a private halt or is this just decoration?

The house owner also happens to be the owner of the whole EOR (did you
notice some of his vintage LT buses parked nearby?), so I guess he's free
to have his own private station on his train set.

It must be nice to have your own station. Do you still have to tap in and tap out?

This also reminds me of some apartment buildings where one or two
residents might have access to the lift, literally within their own flat.

Lots of CEOs have private lifts from their underground car parks so they
can avoid meeting not just the public, but even their own minions on the
way up to the executive suite.

On a related note, I'm always intrigued by hotel lifts with non-stop
floors, such as the mysterious fifth floor of the Yanggakdo hotel in
Pyongyang.
http://www.businessinsider.com/yangg...or-2013-4?op=1

The ones that I have seen did not belong to a CEO. It was simply a
private flat, in which the entrance to the lift was actually in the
residence.

Old August 28th 13, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.transport.london message a9e50890-a4c3-452a-8cd3-689c9e913712@goo
glegroups.com, Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:46:16, DRH
posted:

And then there were the famous lavatories at London Transport (55
Broadway) for the three sexes ... Men, Women and Officers.

When in Norway, we saw a Church in the middle of a field. Nearby was a
hut with three labelled doors, which were translated to me as indicating
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Clergy.

Perhaps not in Norway, but in some countries, that might have been 'priests
and children'.
Old August 28th 13, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013\08\28 20:52, Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.transport.london message a9e50890-a4c3-452a-8cd3-689c9e913712@goo
glegroups.com, Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:46:16, DRH
posted:

And then there were the famous lavatories at London Transport (55
Broadway) for the three sexes ... Men, Women and Officers.

When in Norway, we saw a Church in the middle of a field. Nearby was a
hut with three labelled doors, which were translated to me as indicating
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Clergy.

Put the Clergy door in the middle and it can double as a confessional.

Old August 28th 13, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2013\08\28 20:52, Dr J R Stockton wrote:
In uk.transport.london message a9e50890-a4c3-452a-8cd3-689c9e913712@goo
glegroups.com, Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:46:16, DRH
posted:

And then there were the famous lavatories at London Transport (55
Broadway) for the three sexes ... Men, Women and Officers.

When in Norway, we saw a Church in the middle of a field. Nearby was a
hut with three labelled doors, which were translated to me as indicating
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Clergy.

Put the Clergy door in the middle and it can double as a confessional.

Do Lutherans have confessionals?

Old August 30th 13, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-08-28 14:31:19 +0000, Brian Watson said:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2013\08\27 15:31, eastender wrote:

In the 1980s I joined a media company. I'd been there a month or so,
and
one day I went to the gents and the CEO was in there. He turned to me
and said, 'Who the f**k are you?'

Are you male or female?

With a name like Basil Jet, I'd say you had more right to be there than
him.

My real name is Percy Porcelain.

Then I think I see your point.

--