Old December 13th 13, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cycle Hire south western expansion goes live today

* An additional 2,000 bikes and more than 150 new docking stations
around Clapham Junction, Hammersmith and Putney.
* An increase to the area covered of more than 50%. The scheme now
covers over 100 sq km of central and inner London

http://beta.tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/barclays-cycle-hire-expansion

Map (PDF):
http://beta.tfl.gov.uk/static/2125100169/cms/documents/bch-south-west-expansion-boundaries.pdf

The blurb says London has the second largest such scheme in Europe -
presumably Paris being in pole position.

Just had a horrible thought... Fockstons, er sorry, Foxtons becoming the
new sponsor of the scheme... shiver!

Old December 13th 13, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013\12\13 14:33, Mizter T wrote:
* An additional 2,000 bikes and more than 150 new docking stations
around Clapham Junction, Hammersmith and Putney.
* An increase to the area covered of more than 50%. The scheme now
covers over 100 sq km of central and inner London

http://beta.tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/barclays-cycle-hire-expansion

Thanks. There is no way this is a 50% increase in area covered! It looks
around a third to me.
http://beta.tfl.gov.uk/static/-18141...boundaries.pdf

Map (PDF):
http://beta.tfl.gov.uk/static/2125100169/cms/documents/bch-south-west-expansion-boundaries.pdf

The blurb says London has the second largest such scheme in Europe -
presumably Paris being in pole position.

Just had a horrible thought... Fockstons, er sorry, Foxtons becoming the
new sponsor of the scheme... shiver!

What's wrong with Foxtons? I have enjoyed their Mini liveries for years.
Old December 13th 13, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:53:09 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
What's wrong with Foxtons? I have enjoyed their Mini liveries for years.

Avoid Foxtons at all costs. They're hopeless as estate agents and as
management agents. They're all image and no substance.

--
Spud

Old December 13th 13, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

On 2013\12\13 14:33, Mizter T wrote:
* An additional 2,000 bikes and more than 150 new docking stations
around Clapham Junction, Hammersmith and Putney.
* An increase to the area covered of more than 50%. The scheme now
covers over 100 sq km of central and inner London

http://beta.tfl.gov.uk/travel-inform...jects/barclays
-cycle-hire-expansion

If my mother was still alive and i was still working in Westminster that
would be useful, with docking stations close to my childhood home, sadly now
sold. But it's too late now. :-(

Just had a horrible thought... Fockstons, er sorry, Foxtons becoming the
new sponsor of the scheme... shiver!

What's wrong with Foxtons? I have enjoyed their Mini liveries for
years.

My mother counted herself lucky to have got her letting out of their
clutches. Expensive to landlords and tenants alike.

--
Colin Rosenstiel