London Banter

-   -   Walking Tube map (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13758-walking-tube-map.html)

Recliner[_2_] February 4th 14 04:11 PM

Walking Tube map

This Tube map with walking times between stations may come in handy in the
strike:
http://iib-sketch.s3.amazonaws.com/m...of-london2.pdf

Basil Jet[_3_] February 4th 14 04:25 PM

Walking Tube map

On 2014\02\04 16:11, Recliner wrote:
This Tube map with walking times between stations may come in handy in the
strike:
http://iib-sketch.s3.amazonaws.com/m...of-london2.pdf

Thanks.

32 minutes from Kilburn Park to Kilburn High Road? 60 minutes from
Uxbridge from Hillingdon? And Wimbledon to South Wimbledon not even
shown? This map is very poorly done.

Recliner[_2_] February 4th 14 04:31 PM

Walking Tube map

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2014\02\04 16:11, Recliner wrote:
This Tube map with walking times between stations may come in handy in the
strike:
http://iib-sketch.s3.amazonaws.com/m...of-london2.pdf

Thanks.

32 minutes from Kilburn Park to Kilburn High Road? 60 minutes from
Uxbridge from Hillingdon? And Wimbledon to South Wimbledon not even
shown? This map is very poorly done.

Yup, some of the numbers are distinctly odd. And it could do with more of
the dotted line links between stations on different lines.

tim..... February 4th 14 06:10 PM

Walking Tube map

"Recliner" wrote in message

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2014\02\04 16:11, Recliner wrote:
This Tube map with walking times between stations may come in handy in
the
strike:
http://iib-sketch.s3.amazonaws.com/m...of-london2.pdf

Thanks.

32 minutes from Kilburn Park to Kilburn High Road? 60 minutes from
Uxbridge from Hillingdon? And Wimbledon to South Wimbledon not even
shown? This map is very poorly done.

Yup, some of the numbers are distinctly odd. And it could do with more of
the dotted line links between stations on different lines.

I note that they haven't shown Hatton Cross to T123

Google can't even find a route (Is it possible? I presume that you can't
walk the tunnel along the "bike" lane now that taxis use it)

Robin[_4_] February 4th 14 06:30 PM

Walking Tube map

Google can't even find a route (Is it possible? I presume that you
can't walk the tunnel along the "bike" lane now that taxis use it)

ISTR the fact that people could use the free buses was used to justify
the fact that now not all parts of the airport are accessible on foot.

I assume their lawyers are prepared for a DDA challenge from someone
with a proven aversion to buses :)
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Mizter T February 4th 14 06:37 PM

Walking Tube map

On 04/02/2014 18:10, tim..... wrote:
[...]
I note that they haven't shown Hatton Cross to T123

Google can't even find a route (Is it possible? I presume that you
can't walk the tunnel along the "bike" lane now that taxis use it)

All suitable traffic (i.e. under the height limit) can use it.

For someone on foot, the only way in to the CTA (T123) these days is
indeed by (free) bus. I'm always a little suspect of somewhere that
can't be reached on foot.

Peter February 5th 14 09:58 AM

Walking Tube map

On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 16:11:35 UTC, Recliner wrote:
This Tube map with walking times between stations may come in handy in the

strike:

http://iib-sketch.s3.amazonaws.com/m...of-london2.pdf

For normal (ie non tube strike) use, surely the most useful links are those where lines approach or cross without an interchange, eg Ruislip/West Ruislip, Kenton/Northwick Park, Manor House/Haringay Green Lanes, Wimbledon/South Wimbledon. It would be helpful if such links were shown.

Peter

Recliner[_2_] February 5th 14 10:00 AM

Walking Tube map

peter wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 16:11:35 UTC, Recliner wrote:
This Tube map with walking times between stations may come in handy in the

strike:

http://iib-sketch.s3.amazonaws.com/m...of-london2.pdf

For normal (ie non tube strike) use, surely the most useful links are
those where lines approach or cross without an interchange, eg
Ruislip/West Ruislip, Kenton/Northwick Park, Manor House/Haringay Green
Lanes, Wimbledon/South Wimbledon. It would be helpful if such links were shown.

A few are (the dotted lines), but many more would be useful, as you
suggest.