Old February 14th 14, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Oyster Extension menu on LUL TVMs

A new Oyster Travelcard extension menu is being rolled out to LUL TVMs.

Once an Oystercard has been touched, it presents a list of stations.

It then either states that the station is covered by the Travelcard, or that PAYG can be used, with an option to top up.

There are two exceptions: Potters Bar, where it offers an extension fare (£10.20 from Chancery Lane with a Z1-6 Travelcard) which doesn't seem to match any known fare, and St. Albans, where it doesn't seem to offer any fares.

Old February 14th 14, 02:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/02/2014 15:09, Paul Corfield wrote:

Fabulous - will it sell me a privilege rate extension to destinations
beyond the zonal area?

Probably not...Bet it won't offer Railcard discounts either, even if
they're loaded on to a card. Though that could just be me being cynical.

I bet the answer is no. Oh dear I therefore need to go to a ticket
office! Double oh dear - they're all going to be shut down.

Or just visit a friendly NR office...If you're lucky, you may even find
one that knows the validity of a TfL Staff Pass and actually sells you
the correct ticket. ;-)
Old February 14th 14, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, 14 February 2014 15:40:44 UTC, Barry Salter wrote:
On 14/02/2014 15:09, Paul Corfield wrote:

Fabulous - will it sell me a privilege rate extension to destinations

beyond the zonal area?

Probably not...Bet it won't offer Railcard discounts either, even if

they're loaded on to a card. Though that could just be me being cynical.

The St. Albans page did have a button for Railcards, but it was greyed out, probably as it couldn't find any St. Albans fares.