London Banter

-   -   0759 Woodgrange Park to Willesden Junction LL (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13802-0759-woodgrange-park-willesden-junction.html)

Ken Wheatley March 30th 14 11:33 AM

0759 Woodgrange Park to Willesden Junction LL

I was surprised to see this in the public Goblin Line timetable. It's
shown as an MF service calling all stations from Woodgrange Park to
Upper Holloway, which is marked with an a for arrival time. The column
has a C code which means it continues to Willesden junction Low Level.
Table 59 does not show this train between Gospel Oak and Willesden.

Does this train actually run to Willesden, and can passengers stay on board?

[email protected] March 30th 14 02:18 PM

0759 Woodgrange Park to Willesden Junction LL

In article , (Ken
Wheatley) wrote:

I was surprised to see this in the public Goblin Line timetable. It's
shown as an MF service calling all stations from Woodgrange Park to
Upper Holloway, which is marked with an a for arrival time. The
column has a C code which means it continues to Willesden junction
Low Level. Table 59 does not show this train between Gospel Oak and
Willesden.

Does this train actually run to Willesden, and can passengers stay on
board?

Shows on
www.realtimetrains.co.uk as LO's 2J96 with calls at all stations to
WIJ:

Location Pl Arr Dep
Woodgrange Park 1 0759
Wanstead Park 1 0802 0802
Leytonstone High Road 1 0805 0805
Leyton Midland Road 1 0808 0808
Walthamstow Queens Road 1 0811 0811
Blackhorse Road 1 0813 0814
South Tottenham 1 0818 0818
Harringay Green Lanes 1 0821 0821
Crouch Hill 1 0824 0824
Upper Holloway 1 0827 0827
Hampstead Heath 1 0834 0834
Finchley Road & Frognal 1 0836 0836
West Hampstead 1 0838 0838
Brondesbury 1 0840 0840
Brondesbury Park 1 0841 0841
Kensal Rise 1 0843 0843
Willesden Junction 2 0900

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Ken Wheatley March 30th 14 06:51 PM

On 2014-03-30 14:59:46 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:33:16 +0100, Ken Wheatley
wrote:

I was surprised to see this in the public Goblin Line timetable. It's
shown as an MF service calling all stations from Woodgrange Park to
Upper Holloway, which is marked with an a for arrival time. The column
has a C code which means it continues to Willesden junction Low Level.
Table 59 does not show this train between Gospel Oak and Willesden.

Does this train actually run to Willesden, and can passengers stay on board?

Short answer - yes and yes.

Right, thanks. For some reason I think I'll go for a ride on it next week.

[email protected] March 30th 14 11:34 PM

wrote:

I was surprised to see this in the public Goblin Line timetable. It's
shown as an MF service calling all stations from Woodgrange Park to
Upper Holloway, which is marked with an a for arrival time. The column
has a C code which means it continues to Willesden junction Low Level.
Table 59 does not show this train between Gospel Oak and Willesden.

Does this train actually run to Willesden, and can passengers stay on
board?

Short answer - yes and yes.

Right, thanks. For some reason I think I'll go for a ride on it next week.

My daughter's boyfriend (who works for Network Rail) told me he travelled on
it last week. It's a peak buster working for GOBLIN. There isn't capacity at
either end for such a working so it starts via a freight connection and
therefore only enters service at Woodgrange Park. Similarly it can't be
accommodated at Gospel Oak so it carries on to Willesden Junction where its
depot is. It is the only service over a connection to Willesden Junction low
level.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Theo Markettos April 2nd 14 12:03 PM

wrote:
My daughter's boyfriend (who works for Network Rail) told me he travelled
on it last week. It's a peak buster working for GOBLIN. There isn't
capacity at either end for such a working so it starts via a freight
connection and therefore only enters service at Woodgrange Park.
Similarly it can't be accommodated at Gospel Oak so it carries on to
Willesden Junction where its depot is. It is the only service over a
connection to Willesden Junction low level.

Think it's:

5L96 0724 South Tottenham to Barking Upney Junction
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...04/02/advanced

then
5J96 0753 Barking Upney Junction to Woodgrange Park
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...04/02/advanced

then
2J96 0759 Woodgrange Park to Willesden Junction
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...04/02/advanced

then
5M96 0907 Willesden Junction to Willesden T.M.D
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...04/02/advanced

Theo

[email protected] April 2nd 14 12:51 PM

0759 Woodgrange Park to Willesden Junction LL

In article ,
(Theo Markettos) wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Must be so, from those reporting numbers.

--
Colin Rosenstiel