Old February 4th 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW!

Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve" and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 4th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve" and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

D'oh. Why does this ALWAYS happen when I can't get there?

Grrrrrrr, mutter, mutter, mutter, tries to think of a way to make this
happen again when next in London......

PhilD

Old February 4th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve" and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

Actually, I did this some seven or eight years ago. But thanks anyway.

BTW Have you been down the eastern end of Aspen Way in Docklands yet?
Old February 4th 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
om...

Have you been down the eastern end of Aspen Way in Docklands yet?

No, I'm busy 24/7 these days, but I am due a few days off next week, so I
might go there and see how they are getting on.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 4th 04, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Robin May" wrote in message
.4...

Out of interest, what is special about this, why would
people want to see it and what is a trackbasher?

If you need to ask, you don't need to know!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 4th 04, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and

from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve"

and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

D'oh. Why does this ALWAYS happen when I can't get there?

Grrrrrrr, mutter, mutter, mutter, tries to think of a way to make this
happen again when next in London......

Take a bedsheet with you and throw it at the OHLE so it wraps round a wire.
That's what stopped the WCML for an hour or so the other evening - the sheet
blew off a nearby washing line!

Old February 4th 04, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and

from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve"

and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

D'oh. Why does this ALWAYS happen when I can't get there?

Cleared at 0750 - though it took a long time for the 'Cleared' report to be
posted on the NR website.

Peter

Old February 4th 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and

from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve" and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

Is Primrose Hill station in a reasonable state these days, or has it just
crumbled? It's been a long time since I passed by on the mainline, but it
looked untouched and undisturbed for ages. Have the vandals done much damage
yet?

Lee

Old February 4th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Robin May" wrote in message
.4...

Out of interest, what is special about this, why would
people want to see it and what is a trackbasher?

If you need to ask, you don't need to know!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

That was friendly. A bit like the way Twitchers see Bird Watchers or vice
versa.

Trackbasher - From http://www.geocities.com/nrc36/bp/tspot.htm

"'Trackbashers' are a strange and dedicated breed whose aim is to travel
over every inch of track on the railway system, including loops, points,
sidings and crossovers."

Thus the section known as Primrose Hill 'curve' is little used and therefore
has to be 'bashed'.

OK.
--
NickC
Remove SPAMOFF for correct address

Primrose Hill Station - just before demolition 1506 London Transport 0 January 9th 09 04:21 PM
Primrose Hill 1506 London Transport 5 December 15th 08 03:32 PM
Primrose Hill 1506 London Transport 0 December 14th 08 09:14 PM
Old cars or bikes wtd for Primrose Hill Summer Festival, Saturday 25th June 2005 [email protected] London Transport 1 April 26th 05 02:53 PM
Trackbashers alert ( was Greenford Branch - two collisions today?) John Rowland London Transport 3 October 27th 04 09:16 AM